How can you choose the best WordPress plugin for eCommerce to use on your site?
We have an extensive list of the best WordPress plugins for eCommerce to assist you. Thus, we have compiled all the plugins optimized for speed, well-coded, visitor-friendly, SEO-optimized, have five-star support, and work with top WordPress themes.
All these topics are suitable for eCommerce. Is it not precisely the eCommerce plugin you are looking for? These plugins are also ideal for Shop, Online Shop, WordPress Ecommerce Themes, and Selling Digital Products. You can select the WordPress plugin that you require and level it up.
Let’s begin with the list of best WordPress eCommerce plugins for 2022:
The Best eCommerce WordPress Pluign
With the BigCommerce WordPress plugin, businesses can take advantage of a powerful eCommerce platform and increase their web sales.
The plugin designed for online shops has operated for quite some time based on its own e-commerce platform, and for this reason, it has provided its own content management system and hosting facilities.
As such, it is compelling that the plugin is based on the same technology that powers such well-established online retailers as Skullcandy, Ben & Jerry’s, Camelbak, and many others.
This plugin not only allows seamless integration with WordPress but consolidates all of your inventory and sales data into one dashboard. BigCommerce is a cloud-hosted store offering seamless integration with WordPress.
Using BigCommerce’s Plugin for the front end of a blog can be useful to those who are unfamiliar with commerce, as it makes use of WordPress resources on the front end of blogs to free up space.
Its only drawback is that it supports a limited number of applications, as the app store is still in its infancy, and some of the less popular apps may not be compatible.
Please note that this is not the best option if you wish to sell both physical and digital products. A better alternative is the WooCommerce plugin.
💵 In version Lite, the price is free. In version Premium, the price is $(Needs Quote).
- Use it for selling digital products on other channels like Facebook, Instagram accounts, and Amazon
- Run the system on multiple sites
- Keeps your eCommerce engine separate from other content
- Choose from dozens of top payment gateways
- Comes with 80+ responsive templates
- Offers shipping options and fulfillment services
- Offers enterprise-grade security
- Transaction fees only paid to the payment provider
- Frees up space on the front end of your website
- Handles all PCI Compliance
- If you need some help with this plugin, just let me know. This plugin has been solid, extensible, and well maintained, in my experience.
- With this plugin, we’ve been able to do more than we thought possible with BC development. We have had trouble getting complicated site customizations done with Stencil theming in the past. As a plugin and theme developer, this plugin is extremely easy to extend. We have already developed a few BC-specific themes for clients.
World’s Most Popular eCommerce WordPress Plugin
Allow me to introduce you to WooCommerce, the king of e-commerce plugins for the WordPress platform.
The software is the reason 30% of all online stores are powered by it because it offers a high level of customization and flexibility. If you are looking to use e-commerce plugins freely without paying the cost, this is the best option for you.
Historically, WooCommerce had an interesting beginning as it was developed as a fork of Jigoshop in the year 2011.
The plugin is owned by The company Automattic which is among the products of this giant corporation and is a reliable and powerful company.
Through the use of this plugin, you can create an e-commerce store for your blog that includes a few or thousands of products.
There is one disadvantage to the WordPress shop plugin, which is that although it is compatible with all WordPress eCommerce themes, you might find it challenging to set it up
💵 Because it is a Free plugin, you’ll always get up-to-date updates.
- Easily manage your inventory or even assign it to a store manager
- Offers community forums
- Built-in support for popular payment gateways
- Easily create your own eCommerce store with just a few clicks
- Able to help in selling digital products (unlike BigCommerce)
- Ideal for both beginners and advanced website owners
- Allows for an unlimited number of products and visitors
- Automatically calculate taxes and shipping costs
- Offers hundreds of extensions and themes
- I guess we can thank them for making such a great plugin for free, although other parts are very costly, you can still use the main plugin without paying money. Moreover, the plugin itself is very easy to use, customizable and works very well with Elementor (my favorite page builder). So thanks WooCommerce.
- I would like to thank you for this excellent and top-of-the-line solution for WordPress.
Easy Digital Downloads Plugin
Simple eCommerce WordPress Plugin for Selling Digital Files
Using the Easy Digital Downloads plugin for WordPress, website owners are able to sell digital products on their sites with relative ease. Using this plugin, you will have all the necessary features for building eCommerce for WordPress.
Additionally to its functionalities, the Easy Digital Downloads plugin also provides all the necessary features for selling digital products. The plugin is also referred to as the EDD plugin.
Among the main benefits of the plugin is its feature-packed nature, as well as its functionality geared toward digital sales, as well as its much cleaner interface In comparison with WooCommerce.
While most eCommerce plugins are intended to be used for a wide range of products, EDD offers a significantly improved experience when it comes to selling digital products.
If your WordPress shop only offers digital products such as eBooks, PDF documents, and audio clips and does not provide physical goods, then you should consider EDD over other eCommerce plugins for WordPress.
However, you should keep in mind that if you wish to use this plugin to display a third-party product or an affiliate product, you must use the add-on from the third party’s official website.
💵 Download the Premium version for $199 and the Lite version for free.
- Provides a full shopping cart
- Use it to have a WordPress shop without paying money
- Includes activity tracking
- Offers file access control
- Includes many different themes
- Offers discount codes
- Sends customers an email with the download link immediately after purchase
- Many options for choosing your own payment gateway (as with WooCommerce)
- Filled with dozens of add-ons
- I’ve used this plugin for a few years and it’s rock solid and does what it’s supposed to do with no fuss.
- Setup is easy, and templates and hooks make integration easy.
- When you’re looking for a plugin that will sell digital products without being clunky or slow, you’d better choose this one. It’s easy to use and great for SEO / site speed.
The “All-In-One” eCommerce Plugin for WordPress
Announcing MemberPress, an all-in-one login plugin for WordPress that streamlines the creation of fully functional membership websites.
With this plugin, subscription-based digital products and services are possible. WooCommerce can also be integrated if necessary.
Additionally, the plugin allows you to set up unlimited membership plans which can be tailored to fit your needs. Pricing, login, account, and thank you pages can also be set up automatically.
The plugin has the capability of creating dynamic pricing pages and allowing the management of upgrade paths for members through groups.
By enabling the plugin, users have restricted access to various types of content, including posts, pages, categories, tags, and several other types.
While MemberPress is an excellent plugin for managing memberships, it also has some limitations, including its limited support for payment gateways. If you need multiple gateway options, you may consider BigCommerce instead.
💵 For $279, you get 12 months of support for this plugin.
- Integrates with Mailchimp (as with Easy Digital Downloads), Constant Contact, and many others
- Referral and ad tracking included
- Integrates with your LearnDash LMS
- Customizable checkout offered
- Content restriction rules offered
- Allows you to release paid content over time
- Gives you control over coupons and payments
- Includes content dripping
- Creating dynamic pricing pages offered
- Creates and sells courses using a course builder
Cart66 Cloud Plugin
An Easy to Use WordPress Ecommerce Plugin
Cart66 WordPress plugin offers not only a plugin but also a comprehensive suite of hosted services that distinguish it from other WordPress eCommerce solutions.
Since it can be difficult to integrate multiple extensions and add-ons into your website, the plugin has been designed to minimize the number of additional tools needed for it to function correctly.
A seamless front-end experience makes it possible for anyone without coding knowledge to produce a large online business utilizing the plugin. As a competitor for WooCommerce in the e-commerce space, Cart66 Cloud is an excellent option.
As compared to WooCommerce, which does not have pre-integrated eCommerce features, you do not have to purchase extensions in order to have it work as you desire. You should also pay attention that, unlike MemberPress, the plugin is not integrated with Mailchimp.
💵 The Lite version is free, and the Pro version is $19/M.
- Users receive tools for list segmentation
- The full-time customer support team offered
- Timed follow-up emails included
- Includes all of the necessary features built-in
- Both free and paid versions are available
- The company offers its own marketplace of vendors
- Includes content restriction and recurring payments
- Supports both physical and digital products
- The best option for beginners
- Provides over 100 built-in payment gateways
- The support people were very helpful and emailed me back quickly with a solution. They were thorough in their responses, conveying everything very clearly. This is how great customer support should be done. I also like the cart a lot; it is a great one!
- It seems they do everything they can to resolve any issues or concerns. They’re courteous and extremely responsive, better than other plugin administrators. They care!
Ecwid Ecommerce Shopping Cart Plugin
The Best WordPress Plugin to Sell on Your Online Shop
With the Ecwid Ecommerce Shopping Cart WordPress plugin, you can easily create an e-commerce shopping cart that works with your WordPress website. It has excellent ratings and a similar application setup to WooCommerce, but it operates in a very different way.
In contrast to WooCommerce, Ecwid is compatible with a wide variety of websites, including Facebook, Instagram, Joomla, Wix, and Weebly, among others.
On the other hand, When using a WordPress plugin, such as WooCommerce, which is one of the most popular ones, you are limited to using that particular platform.
Up to ten free products can be added to your store with this core plugin, and the functionality is adequate for small businesses.
This plugin is similar to the Cart66 Cloud plugin in that it includes all features without requiring the user to obtain third-party libraries.
The free plan allows you to create a general online store that includes a mobile-responsive shopping cart, which can be very useful.
💵 A 12-month support period will be included when you buy the plugin for $&12.50/M.
- Social media tools available
- Both phone and chat support is provided
- All plugin upgrades happen automatically
- Google shopping support offered
- Included discount coupons
- Included automated tax calculations
- The ability to sell on multiple sites offered
- The store data can be transferred to a different website
- A mobile point of sale offered
- Secures transactions on your gateway to your bank using PCI-DCC offered
Shopping Cart & eCommerce Store Plugin
Number One eCommerce Store WordPress Plugin
WP EasyCart Shopping Cart and eCommerce Store is another plugin that you do not hear about all that much when discussing WordPress blog posts such as this one.
Those who require a way to launch an online store without having to devote considerable time and effort to learn how to utilize WordPress’ web integration tools depend on plugins such as this.
The WordPress EasyCart plugin offers entrepreneurs and small business owners an easy way to establish online stores without having to purchase any coding skills.
There is a possibility of integrating it with the accounting and email marketing campaigns that most small business owners find attractive, such as Quickbooks and MailChimp.
WP EasyCart has today integrated TaxCloud and ShipStation into its platform, which is the dream of any small business professional.
In common with so many of the eCommerce plugins we discussed in this tutorial, this one can be used both for selling physical products and for selling digital ones.
💵 For comparison, the Pro version of this plugin costs $69 compared to the Lite version’s $0.
- Options for sending out invoices available
- Free customer support is provided
- Simple interface for beginners
- Option for asking for donations offered
- Includes live shipping calculators
- Offers advanced product variants
- Includes support for unlimited products
- Both free and paid plans are available
- Offers integration with TaxCloud
- Able to help users sell both digital and physical goods
- Simple setup and customization
- I love the product and the customer support is great!
- I have had a couple of minor problems with the online support. In both cases, they were very helpful and quickly resolved.
WP eCommerce Plugin
WordPress Plugin for Selling Digital on Website
The WP eCommerce plugin is ideal if you have ever used WooCommerce or if you intend to use an e-commerce platform with which you are already familiar.
It is a widely used plugin for e-commerce in WordPress. The free version includes all the features you need for starting and managing your online store.
When it comes to appearance, functionality, and paid extensions, it is similar to WooCommerce, the most popular e-commerce plugin for WordPress.
It is a free platform that includes a marketplace of paid add-ons that can extend the platform’s core functionality in additional ways.
Although you may be able to search for products in the free version, the payment gateways are not as well supported as they are in the paid edition.
Those who decide to create an online store may need to add plugins that are not free, and they will have to pay for these plugins as well.
The major drawback of this plugin includes the lack of customization options, which makes it among the less desirable plugins for some website owners.
💵 Free plugin.
- Enjoys great documentation
- Offers a great large community in tow
- Allows the use of WordPress-specific PHP tags, shortcodes, and widgets
- Many online payment modules are supported: Google Checkout, PayPal, and much more
- Includes integration with the most important social networks
- Good optimization for search engines included in the free version
- The customer’s cart content, shipping information, and billing details are all on one page
- This is the first time I have to set up a WordPress payment, and this plugin made it extremely easy. I had an issue with my server and IPN, that was filtered and blocked. Thankfully, the fantastic support service for this plugin spotted the problem and now I can use the plugin without issue. Thanks Mihai and WP eCommerce!
- The plugin won’t even activate, it always says connections reset. I thought it must be my connection, but i can install other plugins without any issues. This topic was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by.
Yoast SEO Plugin
The #1 WordPress Plugin for SEO
Given that the Yoast SEO WordPress plugin is one of the most popular SEO plugins for WordPress, it’s no wonder it has become so popular. You can use it on a wide variety of content types.
A WordPress webmaster can use this application to maintain the onsite SEO and technical SEO tasks of their WordPress websites, which are essential to successful search engine optimization.
It also offers functionalities such as checking several things, such as title, meta description, and keyword inclusion.
Yoast is a free tool, but its premium version offers more functionality and features. If you already have some knowledge about the tool, you can take advantage of the advanced features it provides.
The Yoast SEO plugin automatically creates XML sitemaps for all of your website content. This allows search engines to index it more efficiently.
💵 While the Pro version costs $99, the Lite version is free.
- A redirect manager allows you to easily set up redirects (in the Pro version)
- Includes improved canonical support
- Google search result snippet previews offered
- Includes the ability to export focus keywords
- Ability to verify Google Search Console
- Offers video tutorials to help you understand each feature of the plugin
- Offers RSS footer/header configuration
- Helps you easily import your SEO data
- Internal linking suggestions offered
- Offers focus keyword testing
- It’s not easy to contact support, even with a paid plugin. Support is only by email and seems to be answered once every 24 hours. I have serious issues with my XML site map and am seriously unimpressed.
- Since the last update, the OG/FB Image is disregarding my customized post settings and is using its Featured Image. We are going back to simpler times when everything was working. We apologize fellow Dutchman.
WP Rocket Plugin
The Best WordPress Caching & Speed Plugin
WP Rocket is the best caching plugin for WordPress, which simplifies the process of applying caching without the need to know much about technology.
This plugin supports both page cache and browser cache, ensuring that static content isn’t re-loaded once your users leave one page and move to a different one.
Using this solution, Core Web Vitals ranks at the top of Google PageSpeed Insights using a simple, fast, and fully automated process.
Besides providing efficient GZIP compression, the plugin also preloads caches, provides sitemaps, and optimizes database tables, ensuring that you receive the optimum web browsing experience.
By using this tool, caching WordPress becomes as simple as clicking a few buttons. Its crawlers automatically include new pages to be cached, and the cache is constructed in a short amount of time.
Further, WP Rocket includes optional features that you can activate to enhance performance. These optional features include lazy loading images, CDN support, prefetching of DNS records, as well as minification.
💵 The price of this plugin is $49.
- Offer database optimization
- Automatically excludes the checkout
- Enhance the web site’s performance with optional features
- Advanced caching offered
- Removes unused CSS and JS
- Offers CDN support
- Minification available
- Offers E-commerce optimization
- Offers compatibility with the server Cloudflare
WordPress Plugin for Growing Email List & Getting More Leads
The OptinMonster WordPress plugin enhances eCommerce stores’ conversion rates and leads through its conversion optimization and lead generation capabilities.
While OptinMonster does not provide a login plugin, it can help you attract new members to your online membership site by allowing you to set up high converting conversion campaigns in a few minutes, such as popups, floating bars, fullscreen welcome mats, and more.
It enables you to create exit-intent popups, slide-in boxes, and content lockers, as well as other campaigns to increase conversion rates on a website.
With the drag-and-drop visual builder and the design editor, you can build your own membership website in a matter of minutes.
With this application’s 50 beautiful templates, you can easily create campaigns that will complement your eCommerce website.
The conversion campaigns created by the plugin promote your business by growing your email list, increasing sales, increasing website views, and more.
💵 For $14/M, you get 12 months of support for this plugin.
- Able to create content lockers
- Offers the most powerful targeting and trigger options compared to other plugins
- Includes loads of targeting tools
- Detailed analytics reporting is available
- Includes drag-and-drop visual builder
- Offers many campaign types
- Offers more than 50 different templates
- Grows your email list and boosts the website’s views
- Offers exit-intent popups
- Native integrations with dozens of email providers are available
All in One SEO Plugin
Easily Improve SEO Rankings & Increase Traffic
All in One SEO WordPress plugin is used to ensure that the content on your website is optimized for search engines. In turn, more visitors are attracted to your website.
This plugin provides you with an SEO audit checklist that checks your entire WordPress website for errors and offers suggestions on how to improve it.
Having a website that is consistently updated and easily accessible for search engine optimization purposes can be a time-consuming process, but All in One SEO simplifies that process.
In addition, the plugin will automatically generate and submit your sitemaps and RSS feeds to search engines, including Google, Bing, and Yahoo, ensuring that you will be more visible to them.
You will be able to connect your WordPress website to All In One SEO, as well as manage your settings right from your dashboard. Other important features include schema, knowledge graph, and local SEO.
💵 #Price is the Premium price, while Free is the Lite price.
- Offers schema markups
- Knowledge graphs are available
- Content and on-page SEO analysis provided
- Offers an SEO audit checklist
- Headline analyzer available
- Includes social media integrations
- SEO score and optimization recommendations offered
- Your post or page will be included in the search results snippet
- Able to control settings from the dashboard
- Technical SEO features like robots.txt included
- This is a must-have tool for every WordPress e-commerce and website developer. This topic was modified 2 days, 13 hours ago by fernandezjd85.
- See it for yourself
- As a total beginner, I didn’t even know how to get SEO on my site. I don’t even know if that sentence makes any sense. Anyway, I am amazed at how easy the software is to use, the excellent explanations, and the rating system.
Finally, a final thought on the top eCommerce plugins!
It was a list of the best WordPress plugins for you in 2022. If you wish to boost your website, you can take advantage of them.
📌 Note: Additionally, you may find our list of top WordPress security plugins useful for enhancing the security of your website. We also recommend that you take a look at our expertly selected WordPress hosting providers.
We hope you enjoyed our collection.
In addition, if you feel like we left out any eCommerce plugin from the list, let us know in the comments section. Please consider sharing this article on Facebook and Twitter.
Leave a Reply