Are you seeking the best WordPress plugins for Security sites in 2022?
We will share some of the top WordPress Security plugins in this article. They all have any feature you need and can be used with almost all WordPress themes. They're also simple and easy to use, with good support, and they are quick.
It is highly recommended that you read our article about white-labeling and customizing the WordPress login page, and how to choose the best plugin to help you accomplish this.
The best Security WordPress plugins for 2022 are:
Auditing, Malware Scanner and Security Hardening WordPress Plugin
You can use the Sucuri Security WordPress plugin to protect your website in the best way possible and to offer very useful features without charge. In other words, it has both a free and a paid version, and the free version is suitable for most websites.
Its content delivery network also makes static content available to your server directly from its own repository, which prevents bad traffic from reaching the server.
Its free features include security and users activity audits, which are a tool for evaluating the extent to which the plugin protects the website. Furthermore, their DNS-based firewalls and CDNs significantly improve the site's performance in addition to improving website security.
The plugin offers a range of security features, such as security notifications, uptime monitoring, monitoring of file integrity, and hardening of security. You may also ensure that your WordPress site is cleaned up at no additional charge if it has been infected with malware.
You cannot verify password strength with this plugin. If this is something you need, you may consider iThemes Security.
💵 A Free Lite Version is available as well as a $199.99 Premium Version.
- Offers multiple variations of SSL certificates
- Customer service channels offered in the pro version
- More frequent scans are offered in the pro version
- Offers easy set up in your WordPress dashboard
- Helps you block brute force and malicious attacks
- Notifies you when anything goes wrong with your website
- Keeps track of everything that happens on your site
- Advanced DDoS attack protection is available
- Password protection included
- I like the free version very much. Thanks!
- Thanks for this great plugin. I have been hacked recently and this plugin saved me a lot of time and money.
- If we aren't able to get an API key for our sites on Cloudflare, this software is worthless.
WordPress Plugin to Secure and Protect Your Website
The iThemes Security plugin for WordPress is the best plugin for providing file protection if you need to have it done in a number of ways.
Among the most popular plugins available today, the file protector offers more than 20 different methods to protect your computer from being hacked or invaded.
The security package includes functionalities such as checks for integrity, security hardening, password strength verification, and force protection. In addition to technical support and plugin updates for a year, the premium version is capable of running on two websites at once.
One of its most notable shortcomings is the lack of a website firewall, as well as the fact that it relies on Sucuri's malware removal service rather than its own.
With this plugin, you will be able to detect whether or not a file has been altered, which is extremely valuable given that many webmasters fail to detect such alterations.
💵 A Free Lite Version is available as well as a $80 Premium Version.
- Use ‘Away Mode' when you're not updating your site frequently
- Extra security through two-factor authentication
- Access your WordPress dashboard is completely blocked
- Integrated with Google reCAPTCHA (unlike Sucuri Security)
- The core files of your WordPress site are compared with the current version
- Notifies you when a file is updated via email
- Offers 404 detection
- To increase WordPress security updates your salts and keys
- Any suspicious IP for vulnerabilities is blocked
- Strong password enforcement
- As most of the features are now behind a paywall, it is pretty useless compared to other types of plugins. The UI is AWFUL.
- Awful interface: After using this plugin for a long time on other sites, I installed it on a new one today and was unable to complete the setup. I disabled it, awaiting a UI redesign. Where's the skip-wizard-just-get-me-to-settings button? This topic was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by 150d.
- While I would love to give this plugin five stars, the new user interface is just terrible. Very complicated to setup and a big step back for users who are used to the plugin.
Firewall & Malware Scan Plugin for WordPress
With the Wordfence Security WordPress plugin, you get powerful security features that are fun and easy to use. Its security features protect your login information, and in the event of a security breach, you have the ability to restore it.
In addition to malware and exploit detection tools, the plugin also provides threat assessment tools as part of its free version. Using Wordfence, you can determine how many visitors your website receives as well as how many hacking attempts occur.
Despite the plugin's ability to detect common threats automatically, you can always run a full scan at any given time (unlike iThemes Security). In the event of a security breach, the breach will be reported immediately, and instructions will be provided by the malware security plugin regarding how to proceed.
As a result of corrupted data, you do not receive any restoration options. Instead, you are informed about what has been damaged so that you can fix the data as soon as possible.
💵 With the Premium version of the Wordfence Security plugin, you'll pay $99, while the Lite version is free.
- Password auditing included
- Offers real-time threat defense
- Monitors live traffic by viewing things like Google crawl
- Offers options to sign in with your cell phone
- Includes country blocking features
- Protection from brute force attacks is offered
- Manual blocking is available
- Features comment spam protector (unlike iThemes Security)
- Includes firewall blocks
- Includes virus scanning of all your files, not just WordPress
- We have found this is not protecting us against spam or attacks, but rather limiting traffic and scaring away new users. Worse yet, the warnings look MORE LIKE SPAM and VIRUSES, so people are scared away.
- A very useful application with excellent administration support
- My Wordfence sites have been hacked and the plugin has been disabled despite paying for a premium license. I have had much better success with Sucuri. They were also able to detect and remove the malicious code that Wordfence could not.
Simple & Effective Security WordPress Plugin
WP fail2ban WordPress plugin provides you with brute force attacks protection, which is essential and its main feature. Regardless of whether a log is successful or not, its existence is recorded to the Syslog with the LOG_AUTH command.
It records and identifies the IPs (Internet Protocol) of each login in order to prevent brute force attacks. This is an original method for preventing brute force attacks.
It is possible to choose between a soft or hard ban as opposed to the more traditional approach, which dictates a prohibition.
If you grant a soft ban to an IP address, your website is temporarily unavailable to that IP address. If you grant a hard ban to the IP address, it is permanently blocked.
It would help if you also noted that the plugin has a big downside and its lack of a Password auditing feature. If you need this feature, we recommend you consider Wordfence Security instead.
💵 Download it, install it and get lifetime support for FREE.
- Support for 3rd-party plugins
- Integrates with CloudFlare and proxy servers
- Block username logins
- Keeps track of spam, pingbacks, and registrations
- Immediately blocks users with a shortcode
- Multisite support
- Check for empty usernames during login
- Monitor comments for spam and malicious activity (as with Wordfence Security)
- Block XML-RPC requests
- Immediately stopped the login attempts It was like magic!
- You are constantly prompted to upgrade to Pro (in practically all admin pages, even after dismissing the notification). After uninstalling, it sends you an email asking you to verify activation of a subscription!? I would recommend that you reconsider your use of Freemius.
- It was showing the ads on every admin page at one point. The problem seems to be resolved, but sometimes it appears every now and then. The plugin generally works well and without issues. This topic was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by Mark.
A Comprehensive, Easy to Use WordPress Security Plugin
Despite being completely free, All In One WP Security & Firewall brings a lot of useful, handy features for no additional cost. Despite the absence of a premium feel, the plugin maintains a convenient user interface and provides a reasonable level of customer service.
In addition to offering security scanning and WordPress backup services, the plugin integrates a number of tools into one interface, making them easily accessible from your dashboard.
Using a simple interface, this plugin enhances the security of your website by analyzing metrics such as security strength and highlighting what you can do to improve it.
The plugin does not have any specialized security features as such, so it is the perfect plugin for beginners. All the features necessary for getting started with security plugins are included.
Despite all the handy, free features the plugin provides, it does not offer you the integration with Cloudflare. If it is an essential feature, you may consider the WP fail2ban plugin.
💵 Free download of this plugin.
- Backups .htaccess and wp-config files
- Enhances the user registration security
- Protects your user accounts
- Includes a site map with points corresponding to various areas
- Basic, intermediate, and advanced features included
- Blocks forceful attempts on your login
- Blacklists are customizable, so you can block users who meet certain criteria
- Displays a graph of your website's strength
- Database and file security included
- I find this plugin very useful.
- I love the ease of use and how good it is*br
- I like the plugin. Although I am not an expert in WordPress, the wizard-like UI is great. Thanks for the great plugin.
WP Security, Backup, Speed, & Growth WordPress Plugin
The Jetpack plugin not only provides malware protection and malware detection features but also provides many other valuable functionalities.
Jetpack is an advantage because it has been built by the WordPress community. It comes with modules to increase social media presence and spam protection. It is one of the most popular security plugins for WordPress, mainly used for scanning your website and ensuring its security.
For example, the protect module allows you to block suspicious activity without charge. In addition to saving backups, this plugin also allows users to scan for malware in real-time.
Furthermore, the plugin includes features such as brute force attack protection as part of its basic security functionality.
If you lock yourself out of your website, you will still be able to access it through the external access provided by your dashboard. It's also worth pointing out that, unlike All In One WP Security & Firewall, this plugin does not provide different graphs.
💵 You can use it for free on the Lite version, or for a fee on the Premium version.
- Automatically blocks spam in blog post comments
- Provides a decent amount of security
- Site customization features included
- Quickly restore your site with one click
- Sends you an email whenever your WordPress site goes down
- Eliminates the need for other plugins
- Offers features for email marketing
- A broken site's activity log tells you exactly what the problem was
- Integration with social media
- Thanks for supporting me to resolve two XML-RPC file issues.
- Very helpful and easy to understand response from support.
- I have the same issue with Jetpack not connecting with a WordPress.com account.
WordPress Security & Protection Plugin for
While the SecuPress Free WordPress plugin for malware protection is somewhat newer than other security plugins on the list, it certainly performs as well as the others.
Such plugins are available both as free and premium editions, so if you are looking for a plugin with an intuitive interface and a lot of functionality, this is a good choice.
In addition, you will receive notifications when a user attempts to log in to the free version, which offers a firewall, spam filtering, and IP blocking. The free version also blocks bad bot traffic, prevents brute force login attempts, and safeguards your security credentials.
In addition to the standard features of the plugin, the premium version adds alerts and notifications, two-factor authentication, and geolocation blocking. The premium version also adds PHP malware scanning and HTML reports.
💵 The plugin comes in a Lite and Premium version. The Premium version charges a price, while the Lite version costs nothing.
- An intuitive interface provided
- Change your login URL to prevent bots from finding it
- Scans HTML reports
- Security Reports in PDF format
- The UI makes everything easy to use
- 35 security measures in the pro version
- Checks themes and plugins for vulnerabilities
- Get notifications immediately after malicious attempts
- Scans PHP malware
- Protection of security keys
- CELA helped me protect my website correctly and remove useless or double-linked extensions. Excellent job!
- Thank you Julio! I have more than twenty sites using this service and it is very reassuring. Thanks for the recommendation!
- Simple and efficient plugin with a three-panel interface This topic was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by
Malware Scanner and Firewall Plugin for WordPress
With BulletProof Security, you get complete file protection via WordPress. If you like regularly updated plugins, this is the right choice.
The plugin is offered with a 30-day money-back guarantee, along with features such as quarantining, creating email alerts, detecting spam, and restoring deleted files. The unique feature of this plugin is that it scans all new content being added to your website and takes the appropriate actions.
Free features include protecting and monitoring user logins, backing up your database, and examining your computer for viruses. As well as protecting your website against hostile plugins and attachments, the plugin will check your entire webpage for all possible SQL injections.
In terms of ease of use, the security plugin is not the easiest to use, but it is highly recommended for experienced developers that wish to take advantage of the anti-exploit guard feature.
💵 There is no charge for using this plugin. You can download and use it for free.
- Checks your entire website every day
- Includes a security log
- Improves your website's performance by adding cache
- A Lot of free and paid features included
- Security from XSS, RFI, CSRF, SQL injection
- Hidden plugin folders are offered
- The maintenance mode is offers
- Failed login attempt limiter offered
- A full setup wizard included
- Offers anti-hacking tools
- BPS Pro user, because I am very happy with the free version, but want it to be more robust for my clients in terms of website security
- In all the years that I have been working with this plugin, I have never been hacked. Very easy to use on all my sites, and on my clients' sites. Highly recommended. This topic was modified 3 weeks ago by Vivian.
- It has been in my collection of WordPress plug-ins for years. The paid version is my preferred choice and I recently upgraded.
WordPress Security Scanner Plugin
WPScan WordPress plugin is another tool with which you can freely protect your WordPress site against attackers and bad bots. Throughout the day, security experts and community members update the software's database of vulnerabilities, which are manually curated.
Providing information on threats of various types and alerting you when important threats are encountered, the program allows you to avoid uncomfortable security scenarios.
Automattic sponsors a database of known vulnerabilities within its plugin that contains more than 21,000 entries. This plugin provides users with a free security API that can be used on most websites. It also provides daily automated scans that send email notifications when the results are available.
With the plugin installed, the WordPress core, plugins, and themes of your site are checked for known vulnerabilities. It is recommended that you use the pro version of it if you have a large site and use a lot of plugins. In this case, you have to buy it.
💵 For the Premium version of the plugin, it costs $price. You can also download the Free version.
- Scans for backed-up wp-config.php files
- Free API plan offered
- Open-source tool
- Scans for users with weak passwords
- Themes and plugins are checked
- Scans for exposed debug log files
- Additional security checks included
- Schedule scans to run at specific times
- A free security API is provided
- Audits WordPress database of known issues and impacts
- It is particularly useful if you use a number of unsupported plugins.
- I found this plugin to be quite helpful.
- There is no way to disable ‘Security check XML-RPC Enabled'.
The Most Powerful Backups & Security WordPress Plugin
The VaultPress WordPress plugin for file protection and malware security is another excellent option for you which works like iTheme & Sucuri Scanner plugins. Although it is marketed as a plugin for bloggers and small businesses, it also offers the option of upgrading.
The backup copies of your files are scanned by VaultPress for malware and other threats after they have been uploaded, in addition to backing them up.
Your daily and real-time backups are the basis of the operation, and the calendar view lets you specify the time that you would like them to be completed. However, it's more secure to use a firewall and some basic security measures to protect the information on your website.
Aside from this, you can restore a site with just the click of a mouse. A complete list of the files you used in the restoration process is available in your dashboard.
💵 Free Lite version and premium version are included.
- Ask the experts for help
- The statistics tab shows you when your site is most popular
- Make real-time or manual backups using a calendar
- Offers incremental backups
- Offers your history and what has been done about threats
- View your security details, check the stats, and manage them all from the dashboard
- Unlimited video hosting
- The dashboard looks clean and easy to understand
- Monitors suspicious activity on your website
- Detailed audit logs
- I've been trying to restore my computer for 12 hours and none of the options work. This is ridiculous. Support is a joke!
- Among the worst Jetpack merge plugins Not keeping their promises for free tech support This topic was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by
- Hello, I back up my site using vaultpress every time. It speeds up my site too much.
Secure Identity Solution WordPress Plugin
Despite most of the other plugins on this list, the Google Authenticator WordPress plugin's only focus is to add a second layer of security to your login module.
The addition of the second layer of security to your login module is very important because most hacking attempts are performed when a user logs in.
As your phone will serve as an additional layer of security, you will be able to reduce the likelihood of hackers being able to access your WordPress account.
In addition, this plugin sends an email notification to your phone or uses an alternative method, for example, scanning QR codes or answering security questions.
With the plugin installed on your phone, you can log in to your account with your code. The plugin is compatible with all platforms, including iOS, Android, and Windows.
💵 With this plugin, you can also get a Free version.
- Able to choose the method of authentication
- Easy enough to understand the interface
- Codes for recovery if locked out
- Supports standard TOTP
- Has a shortcode for use with custom login pages
- Provides an additional layer of protection against login vulnerabilities
- Define which types of user roles should require authentication
- Logins become much less vulnerable
- Multi-factor authentication
- Includes Language Translation support
- Excellent support from Mintu. We communicated with him over the phone and resolved the issue of double emails.
- The customer service was very good. I had a couple problems, but after good follow-up support, my app is working well. I think the app could have been better supported with clearer user education ahead of time. There are many tricky set upon issues for a new user. But the follow-up support was very helpful. This topic was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by dare2know.
- For some reason I became logged out of one of the WP sites I had installed the plugin on. The support team has been very helpful and fixed it for me. I am very grateful to Mintu Kumar from the support team! Everything works fine now!
Secure Firewall & Secure Malware Scanner WordPress Plugin
The Security Ninja plugin for WordPress is one of the most widely used plugins when it comes to protecting websites from online attacks. In fact, it's been around for about 7 years now.
The main module includes more than fifty security tests, which include checks of files, MySQL permissions, and various PHP settings.
Several reasons have led to its popularity, including its ability to carry out 50 different security checks and its speed and ease of use. Moreover, the plugin checks passwords for attacks to ensure that passwords like ‘password' will not be accepted.
A unique feature of this plugin is that it prevents visitors and you from using passwords that are too weak for the purpose of accessing your website. The testing suite includes an auto fixer, but for those interested in learning more about how everything works, detailed descriptions are provided with each test.
💵 You can choose between a pro version for a price and a free lite version for a free.
- Scan plugins, themes, and the whole site in real-time
- Automatically blocks known bad IPs using a large database
- Plugins and themes can be scanned for malware
- The site audit log included
- Keeps track of all WordPress events
- Schedule regular scans
- Backup and restore your website easily
- Offers codes to manually fix the security issue
- Performs PHP security tests
- Scan WordPress core
- Excellent tool. Simple and accurate. Just what I wanted.
- It's been an excellent plugin for some years now – I highly recommend it*
- I find this plugin to be useful in keeping my WordPress up-to-date and safe.
Malware Scanner, Login Security & Firewall Plugin for WordPress
Defender Security WordPress plugin is another option if you need a professional yet easy-to-use plugin for file protection.
It is important to note that both the free and the professional versions of the software include comprehensive lists of security enhancements that can be implemented immediately.
By scanning in real-time, creating backups, and recovering earlier versions of your website, you can restore an earlier working version of your website in case of a crash.
The pro version includes cloud backups of up to 10GB, which include comparisons between your WordPress installation and the WordPress directory. This plugin provides features such as a free firewall and IP blocking utility, malware scanning, and brute-force login protection.
Additionally, pro users will have the ability to submit a more comprehensive security report and receive more comprehensive customer support.
💵 Free, Pro, $5/M.
- Offers cloud backups up to 10GB
- In case of a hack or data breach, reset all your passwords automatically
- Earlier versions of your website are recovered
- Login screen masking
- Free firewall included
- Includes real-time scanning
- 404 limiter for blocking vulnerability scans
- Comprehensive free & pro versions are available
- Unlimited file scans
- Notifications and reports related to IP lockouts
- This topic was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by Aminul Sarkar.
- It's a great plugin, love the design and effort you put into it. You have a free version which suits my needs. & it protects me excellently.
- I like the free version of this plugin, as it includes everything I need.
WordPress Plugin for Protection Against All Threats
The Astra Web Security WordPress plugin may be one of your most useful options if you don't want your website to be hacked, victim to malware, or infected by bad bots.
Due to the fact that you will not have to navigate through dozens of options on a dashboard, you will not be forced to feel as if you are a pilot.
By installing this plugin, you will be able to remove malware from your site faster and with greater ease than ever before. Simply click on the ‘Deal with Malware' button to begin the process.
In order to better understand this, one need only recall that such leading brands as Gillette and Ford use this plugin. It is available as a free and premium plugin.
The free version offers basic security features, but the premium version provides more comprehensive security for protecting your entire WordPress site.
💵 For $25/M, you can have this full-documented plugin.
- Hourly admin login notifications included
- Lots of security tools included
- A navigation option on the dashboard is offered
- An option available to block or whitelist country
- Offers a rock-solid firewall
- Includes continuous blacklist and reputation monitoring
- Able to scan your website immediately
- Scans uploads to prevent malicious file
- Offers a Dashboard that logs all attacks
- Completes security audit
Scanners & Security Hardening WordPress Plugin
Shield Security WordPress plugin is the best option for those who are short on time and need a tool to scan their website immediately. Once activated, the plugin scans your website for malware and protects it from intrusions. It can be used by both beginners and more experienced users.
In addition, the software provides a free version that implements an application firewall and identifies and blocks malicious bots in real-time.
The plugin includes comprehensive documentation for all the options, so you can dig deeper into the security of your site as you see fit.
Plugins and themes are both protected by this tool, which is the only security plugin for WordPress that can accurately detect file modifications made to the core files as well as plugins and themes.
Additionally, the pro version provides a greater number of scans, a more frequent scan schedule, the ability to set up user password policies, and larger audit trails. WooCommerce support is also included.
💵 Free and for a small fee for the Pro version.
- Delivers 6x powerful scans to detect problems (pro version)
- Includes an option to select which users may use features
- Offers plenty of protection without disturbing you with notifications
- Builts its file fingerprints
- Protection that works tirelessly in the background with features that are smart
- Offers three types of two-factor authentication
- Restricts access to its own settings to certain users
- This plugin works with Elementor and does not have any compatibility issues*
- The settings are constantly being reviewed to remind myself of things I have forgotten. Works beautifully
- 🙂 Thanks Shield Security for taking care of my site! This topic was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by:
WordPress Plugin to Hide From Attackers & Bots
WordPress plugin Hide My WP for malware protection is the best way to hide your WordPress usage. The plugin uses solid-state intrusion detection technology (IDS) in order to prevent in-flight malicious activities such as SQL injection and cross-site scripting.
With the assistance of a mask, you can create a more secure site as well as hide components that could otherwise be viewed by third parties. As well as changing theme permalinks, the plugin will also hide theme names, plugin names, and login links.
By installing this plugin, you will receive notification of potentially malicious activity, along with the attacker's details, including their IP address, time, username, etc. The plugin will also disable the listing of directory files.
Additionally, it is compatible with multiple-site, Nginx, Apache, IIS, as well as premium plugins and themes, so it can be used with virtually anything.
💵 In the Hide My WP plugin, the price is $29.
- OWASP top 10 attacks
- A dynamic list of bad IP addresses offered
- An automatic trust network offered
- Renames wp-login.php
- Access control login page with key
- Disables direct PHP access
- Renames theme folders
- Renames wp-admin
- XSS and SQL injection attacks are automatically blocked by smart IDS engines
- Renames plugin folders
The plugins mentioned above will enhance the security of your website. Keep in mind that these plugins will help you improve your site.
We hope that now you can create your own professional security website. We also suggest you check our article for the best WordPress blog themes.