Are you looking for the best WordPress plugin for limiting content for users?
To help you efficiently access this feature, we have compiled the most popular Restrict Content plugins for WordPress. Additionally, each of these WordPress plugins is reviewed for usability and different purposes. We have also included screenshots and videos to help you visualize them. In addition, we ensured that these plugins were compatible with all WordPress templates.
We have hand-picked a list of Restrict Content plugins to assist you with your choice. These WordPress plugins include Content Restriction, WordPress Membership Plugin, Restricting Content Access, WordPress Content Controller, Restrict Page Access By Role, etc.
It is worth reading if you are interested in knowing more about white labeling your WordPress login screen, customizing it, and tweaking it, as well as selecting the right plugin for simplicity.
Let's take a look at some of the best Restrict Content WordPress plugins in 2022:
Power a Full-Fledged Membership or Subscription Website With Multiple Membership Levels
Restrict Content is one of the best WordPress membership plugins that is widely used for handling content restrictions.
This plugin allows shortcodes to be used to restrict specific sections of your site or for meta boxes to restrict entire posts and pages. It provides excellent content control support and is designed for content protection on WordPress.
In addition to creating different membership types, including free, trial, and premium, you can manage your subscribers and track their payments. Also, you can offer discounts through a complete discount code system and provide members with exclusive content.
By using the plugin, you can prevent unauthorized individuals from accessing your blogger contents, as only subscribers and members will be able to see them. Furthermore, the plugin enables you to add affiliate marketing campaigns and job postings.
The free version may be adequate for you if all you need is the ability to restrict page access by role. But if you require more, you will need to upgrade to the Pro version.
💵 Free Lite and Premium Versions are included.
- There are a number of payment gateways supported, including Stripe and PayPal
- Management of all member information, including email updates
- Restricted access to WooCommerce products
- Developing custom integrations using a developer-friendly interface
- Incorporating email marketing services such as MailChimp, ConvertKit, AWeber, etc
- In my opinion, the Restrict Content Pro membership plugin is outstanding for membership websites that do not deliver online. Members can pay online and get the deliverables in person. Most membership plugins make this hard to achieve. It also works for online delivery.
- Combining the free and pro versions of this plugin resulted in ALL pages on a site being restricted. This issue has been around for a while, but has not been fixed on the site yet. If you stick with the legacy version, the dashboard nags will never get rid of.
- The company rather offer support only to paid members instead of free users, and the support is poor. The plugin has many bugs and problems, which must be fixed and options must be provided for after two months of nothing we have decided against using this plugin.
Combining Beautiful Front-End Elements With Powerful Admin Functionality to Create User-Based Websites
Ultimate Member is a WordPress membership plugin that gives you complete control over when and how free subscribers can access your premium content. This plugin is a good choice and complementary for creating a pay-per-post website. It also lets you create conditions and rules that allow them access over different time intervals.
Plugins such as this one are among the best because of their features. It provides users with various tools to build an online community, manage members' profiles, and limit content accordingly.
It comes with a powerful dashboard to monitor user activities and access reports. It also contains multiple options for restricting content so that you may limit entire posts, pages, or portions of them.
It is beneficial that plugins such as Ultimate Member and Restrict Content come with numerous valuable extensions. This allows you to customize the site only with the features you require without overburdening it with excessive code. The disadvantage is that they are not cheap.
💵 The Premium version costs $249/Y, and the Lite version is free.
- Since I haven't logged into WordPress.org in a while, I just had to give this plugin 5 stars. Such a rich feature set and so easy to use. Well done, Ultimate Member Team
- This plugin should be used if you want your website to be awesome.
- The plugin just doesn't work. When a user registers, it is supposed to redirect them to their profile page, but it doesn't. Almost everything within the plugin fails. We encountered broken things one after another. Apparently it works for many people, but we couldn't find it to be useful.
A Robust WordPress Membership Plugin That's a Joy to Setup and Use
Paid Member Subscriptions is a feature-rich plugin for restricting content access. With this product, you can manage memberships and control access to premium content.
The Global Content Restriction add-on allows you to apply restrictions to specific posts, pages, or custom post types globally or individually. This solution is the best choice for users who need to restrict content based on their subscription status or logged in.
As part of the integration with WooCommerce, this plugin prevents unsubscribed users from accessing products, purchases, and subscription plans. Additionally, the plugin integrates with bbPress, so non-members cannot access the entire forum or specific topics.
PayPal payments are also supported by this plugin, similar to Restrict Content.
💵 The version Lite is free. The version Premium is not.
- A subscription can be tracked in terms of payment history and status
- Various payment plans can be created, such as Gold, Silver, and Free, and subscriber plans can be upgraded for free
- Subscribers can be added or removed quickly, and subscription information can be updated
- Users who are not subscribed can be directed to a specific page, receive a message, or see a custom template
- In many websites, I have utilized this plugin for many years to restrict access and redirect not authorized users. It is a simple, yet very important function, and I appreciate that it is easy to set up and configure my pages to meet the security needs of my websites.
- I am very pleased to recommend this plugin. It delivers exactly what it promises and is extremely easy to use*.
- When exploring all the features, this extension takes a little while to master, but on the other hand, it is very potent and offers many options. * This topic was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by *span_end >
All-in-One User Profile and Registration Plugin for WordPress
Profile Builder plugin lets you create and manage complete registration and user profiles within your website; Thus, controlling content based on roles and current logged-in status. It includes a role editor to allow you to manage each user's privileges and roles.
In order to provide restricted access to products and forums, the plugin integrates easily with WooCommerce and BBPress.
It also offers drag-and-drop page builder functionality for rearranging user profile fields, limiting certain sections of your content based on your requirements, and selecting whether the fields should be visible to customers.
Both free and premium versions of this plugin are available, supporting the Content Restriction functionality. Creating front-end registration forms, however, is only available in the Pro version.
💵 A Lite version is Free, while a Pro version will cost $69/Y.
- In addition to the core functionality, add-ons provide additional features
- The role editor can be used to create custom roles
- To confirm the user's email address, a confirmation email will be sent
- Customizable email, repeaters, conditional fields, and custom redirects are supported
- Installing and configuring the plugin is simple, all you need to do is activate it.
- I think this is one of the best plugins for building custom profile dashboards.
- The plugin works great!
A Modern Form Framework and a Unique Engine to Restrict Any Part of Your Website
PrivateContent lets you manage everything on your WordPress site, from posts to pages, categories, widgets, and comments. It contains valuable features essential for any WordPress content restriction plugin.
This plugin offers to generate user-private pages and areas and create multilevel login features without requiring specific expertise. To avoid the display of restricted content, you can make use of warning boxes and excerpts.
Using the plugin's powerful public API, you can add whatever specialized functionality you require, in addition to creating a form skin to match the design of your website.
By using the intuitive user interface of this plugin, you can easily manage and secure the authentication of a million users. In addition, all your website's menus and contents can be locked.
💵 The price of this plugin is $35/Y.
Simplifies Protecting Your Important WordPress Site Content From Selected Users
WP Private Content Pro is an extremely powerful tool for managing and protecting the content of your website. It simplifies and automates the process of protecting content from external visitors and assigning specific roles for different groups.
This plugin allows you to secure websites and data they produce and restrict custom posts according to a range of criteria. For example, specific content can be banned for guests, members, some user roles, or MailChimp subscribers.
The site provides each member with their own private page. The administrator can add personalized content to the page, which can only be viewed by the owner. In addition, the user's personal page includes a private forum and a secret files section.
Like Profile Builders, the premium version of WP Private Content offers additional restrictions for menu items, widgets, search results, private groups, WooCommerce product protection, and bbPress topics protection. Still, these are only available when purchasing the premium version.
💵 Using it is free, but upgrading to the Pro version costs a small amount.
- Provides global password protection across the site
- Metadata can be used to restrict content
- Utilizing the WordPress features to restrict content
- Shortcodes allow you to restrict access to particular contents
- It is easy to use, light, and does just what it needs to. I couldn't recommend this product more!
- In order to deactivate this plugin, the screen turns black and no modal appears.
- I can understand why a few people gave this plugin 1-star months ago when there were issues with it. This plugin has been amazing since the day I installed it. It worked perfectly for keeping content private and offers so many options. I just had to post a review. Great job. Great plugin. Keep it up!
We have reviewed the top-rated WordPress plugins for Restrict Content together. You can choose one of these plugins to improve your website.
We hope these plugins help you draw more attention to your website by bringing in customers. You may also wish to read this article about the best WordPress themes for bloggers and the best WordPress hostings.