We recently received a question from one of our guests asking what is the best WordPress Portfolio plugin?
This article introduces the best WordPress plugins for Portfolio on the market and suggestions for pure situations. With these plugins, you can stand out from others. Ultimately, top WordPress themes will be built on these plugins.
We accumulated plugins that are the absolute best fit for the Portfolio. This selection of WordPress plugins is also related to Portfolio Gallery, Image Gallery, Image Showcase, Elementor Portfolio Plugin, and many other relevant plugins.
Below is a list of the top WordPress plugins for Portfolio in 2022:
Portfolio Gallery Plugin
Image Gallery Plugin for WordPress
You can showcase your work on a website portfolio with the Portfolio Gallery, which is an easy and popular manner of presenting your work.
One of the most highly rated image showcase plugins available in the WordPress plugin repository, this WordPress plugin offers a variety of features for displaying images, including responsiveness, filters, and integration with lightboxes.
By integrating this plugin, your portfolio page will present a breathtaking grid that will quickly catch the attention of visitors.
Your portfolios can be designed in a variety of formats, such as grayscale and masonry which are pleasing to the user’s eyes. (Just like HT Portfolio which is an Elementor page builder portfolio plugin)
This plugin makes it easy to build portfolios with up to four columns, ensuring a fully responsive design, filtering capabilities, and much more.
💵 Pricing: $5 for Premium, free for Lite.
- Effects and animations are included
- Creates a portfolio with either images or videos
- Includes sorting controls
- Bootstrap adds a handy effect to mobile websites
- The portfolios look modern with a wide range of formats
- Provides custom CSS tools
- Your portfolio can be sorted in descending order or by date
- Offers a highly functional free version
- Page and post types are included in the premium version
- Even expanding to different areas of your website is possible
- Plugins usually allow you to hide all filters by default, but I was unable to find that option. Please add that option.
- User support is very helpful. It’s a good plugin.
- Despite my ‘Load Button’ feature no longer working after 6 months of no issues, they went into the admin area of the website and fixed the problem. In summary, a great plug-in and great service!
WP Portfolio Plugin
The Most Advanced WordPress Portfolio Plugin
With WP Portfolio, you can quickly and easily create a professional portfolio site with one of the 40 themes available. Using this plugin, users can create and manage portfolios on their WordPress websites in an intuitive manner.
Besides providing easy-to-use portfolios, it also gives you a wide selection of themes, styles, and media compatibility options. You can customize portfolio templates on both smartphones and desktop computers.
There are no coding or CSS skills required to customize a template using this portfolio gallery plugin.
In addition, artists, photographers, and videographers may create portfolios of images and videos respectively. A disadvantage of the plugin is that it does not offer a free version. If you wish to use it for your portfolio, you must pay for it.
💵 Plugin offers many features and 12 months of free support. It is available at $49.
- Compatible with major page builders, like Elementor
- Adapts to different browsers and all your data and images
- Improves your website’s performance with a beautiful portfolio
- Builds your portfolio in seconds
- Uses interesting formats and effects, such as the best masonry grids
- Your portfolio’s categories can be sorted using the filter function
- Creates portfolios with new custom post types
- Portfolios can be presented in multiple layouts
- Includes Add-ons that can be useful for things like page builders
- Users can search relevant demos using the search field
- It is an awesome component with great support!
- The plugin works as intended. Easy enough setup. Support is prompt and helpful, whenever I need it. Kudos to the authors! Keep up the good work!
- My questions were answered very quickly and effectively by them!
Grid KIT Portfolio Plugin
Portfolio Gallery & Product Catalog Plugin for WordPress
Grid Kit Portfolio allows you to manage your images efficiently so that users can access your work whenever they choose. You will definitely enjoy using this free plugin that simplifies the process of creating professional-looking portfolios for WordPress.
You may paste links from YouTube videos using this plugin, which provides a YouTube video gallery. The Gutenberg editor in this image gallery plugin also allows you to add new portfolio sections to your site by using custom Gutenberg blocks.
While the plugin offers a standard image slider and portfolio, you are provided with a much greater range of customization options than you would with a traditional plugin.
In addition, GridKit is very easy to use and fully responsive, so your portfolios will appear well on all devices, regardless of the device they are viewed on. It can be downloaded for free or for a fee.
It is important to note that there is one major drawback to this plugin: filtering can only be accessed by premium subscribers.
💵 For the premium version of this plugin, there is a $29.99, whereas the free version has zero dollars.
- Links to your Instagram feed directly
- Embedded layout builder
- Several predefined templates and options are available
- Unique layouts are included
- Using lazy loading, images are only loaded as needed
- The possibility to make a slideshow without scrolling
- Offers access to product catalogs
- Includes portfolios for team members
- Social sharing buttons are included with your portfolio
- Provides shortcode to insert the portfolios
- It is a really great tool for displaying any kind of layout. Exact same actions are needed and the layout is published. Had some questions about options, but the support team answered them right away. Thanks for the great plugin!
- This is a great experience using the plug-in. It is really strong, and I can’t tell you how helpful it has been in my business. Whenever I have questions, I always get a helpful response from the team. This topic was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Irene.
Visual Portfolio Plugin
Visual Portfolio &Photo Gallery WordPress Plugin
With the Visual Portfolio WordPress plugin for creating an image gallery, you can create a presentation of images without any technical knowledge.
In addition, since it is open-source software, you will not need to be concerned about maintaining it to ensure it continues to perform well.
It is possible to create beautiful and dynamic portfolios on your website using the WordPress plugin, which offers a responsive design and simple block editing.
It is also possible to customize your post types and colors, as well as your galleries so that you can browse through them more efficiently.
The free plugin enables you to add videos, and audio files (not to mention images) from a variety of popular sites, including YouTube, Spotify, and SoundCloud.
💵 Download Lite for free, Pro for a $39.
- Features several integrations, including Gutenberg (as with Grid KIT Portfolio)
- Developer-friendly with CSS editing and template saving
- Comes with four predefined layouts
- Offers five portfolio styles
- Modular code structure
- Lightweight and fast-loading
- A large format pop-up gallery
- Photo collections can be displayed anywhere on your website using shortcodes
- A visual preview is shown on the backend
- ‘Load More’ is available along with filtering and sorting
- It is very easy to customize and has lots of options. I liked the documentation, but it could be more beginner-friendly. Good job!
- This is a very functional site, I like the thumbnail roll-over effect, subpages are easy to use. The only downside is that it took some time to learn how to work with the cover image, while adding other images within pages, and the relationship between all the images. Overall though, well designed, not sure I could make it quicker given that it offers so much functionality.
- Excellent, even in the free version. I highly recommend it!
NextGEN Gallery Plugin
WordPress Gallery & Portfolio Plugin
NextGEN Gallery WordPress plugin has been around since 2007 and has much more experience with creating image showcases and plugins.
The plugin is primarily designed for photographers and can perform nothing more complicated than uploading images in batches, sorting them, and saving them. Despite its straightforward nature and high customization capabilities, it is even useful to creative people with high standards.
There are three different portfolio designs available. Each version can be customized individually. However, there is no social sharing available in the free version.
This plugin will allow you to create beautiful galleries of your favorite photographs in a variety of styles as well as manage and upload photographs in bulk, add a watermark, create albums quickly, add proofs to your photographs, and even sell your pictures directly through the plugin
💵 The Lite version of the NextGEN Gallery plugin is free. The Premium version costs $49.
- Image commenting and deep linking
- Control over the timing and transition effects in great detail
- FTP bulk uploading is supported
- Making your images larger is possible with lightbox elements
- Image social sharing
- Making a portfolio only takes a few minutes
- Metadata and photo naming are managed on the backend
- Powerful customization tools
- The premium version adds unique layouts
- Stripe and PayPal payments are accepted through WooCommerce integration
- This plugin is awesome. It’s perfect for my galleries.
- It is so easy to use and very useful to add comments as the captions of gallery images. The plugin works really fine and is very easy to configure.
- Since I’ve been using NextGEN gallery on and off for 10 years, I went straight to this one when I needed a gallery plugin for my new artist website. I appreciate your continuous development.
Media Grid Plugin
WordPress Responsive Portfolio & Gallery Plugin
As a WordPress plugin, Media Grid provides you with the ability to showcase images and create portfolios, but it also allows you to create Instagram photo galleries.
You can get comments on your photos and it integrates seamlessly with WooCommerce when using the Media Grid plugin (as with NextGEN Gallery). Ten templates are available, and images can be added with shortcodes. Simply click on a template and then click on the Add Media button.
When a visitor hovers over an item, they are able to get further information – by clicking on it, a lightbox is launched with a text area and social networking icons.
There is a filter function that allows users to find what they are interested in, and a number of customization options, including border colors and sizes, margins between images, and overlay colors are available.
💵 You can get this straightforward plugin for a low price. It costs $35.
- Multilingual language switcher and mobile-friendly
- Allows integration with eCommerce stores
- Displays your portfolio in five different ways with lightboxes
- Even the biggest grid just requires minutes
- Displays items characteristics clearly
- Links to your blog or pages are supported by your portfolio
- Shows the preview of the presentation using the grid builder
- Below the portfolio, there can be social sharing buttons
- Supports everything from images to video
- Puts the gallery on any page using HTML
- The reason I am wanting to modify the manifest file for PWA like Twitter is that I want to add screenshots and shortcuts to the web application. Does this plugin support editing the manifest file or editing the offline pages as well? For more flexibility!
- Good performance, happy with the results.
- The program worked for me, so I’m pleased with it
Go Portfolio Plugin
A Complete WordPress Portfolio & Gallery
The Go Portfolio WordPress plugin is yet another image gallery plugin that helps you to create a visually appealing portfolio.
By using this plugin, you can upload both square and circular photos. As well as being able to upload square and circular images, this plugin includes a filter that can be applied to portfolios.
The plugin offers the capability of filtering portfolios using filters, and it may be connected to eCommerce systems (as with Media Grid), which enables customers to make purchases directly from the site.
The plugin assists users in creating custom layouts, using sliders and grids, and applying a wide variety of color schemes and formatting options. When this popular plugin is used in conjunction with WooCommerce, it is much easier to categorize and list items in a grid.
💵 If you use this plugin, you will receive updates for a year and 12 months of support. It costs $27.
- Compatible with Visual Composer
- Provides two types of filtering
- Custom post types are possible on the backend
- Layouts and colors are unlimited
- Images, video, and audio clips are supported
- Many of the templates are dedicated to certain industries
- Customizes all thumbnails and images in the lightbox
- The starter templates provide over 38 coding shortcuts
- A lot of query settings are available to show the posts
- Slider and grid layouts can be filtered and are responsive
Envira Gallery Plugin
The Best Premium WordPress Gallery Plugin
Envira Gallery is one of the most widely used numerous gallery plugins among available plugins on the market.
Please note that this plugin can only be accessed by paying members. If you would like to receive more features, such as social sharing, eCommerce or watermarking, you need to purchase a higher tier of membership.
A wide range of dark and drop-down designs, pre-existing templates, and themes that integrate well with your existing design can all be customized.
The process of portfolio creation is quick and painless. Among the software’s features are options to add custom CSS to your website, add slideshows, and prohibit the download of images.
As well as offering more customization options than any other plugin on this list, you can, for instance, create a collection for logo designs and another collection for photographs.
💵 Free to download is the Lite version, and a $26 is charged to purchase the Premium version.
- Gutenberg Blocks for WordPress (as with Grid KIT Portfolio plugin)
- Makes sense for photographers who need to protect and markup their photos
- Social sharing and deep linking
- Pagination and watermarking
- Drag & drop gallery builder
- Share your photos on Facebook
- Unlimited galleries
- Keep things light by only adding the ones you require
- The Instagram integration pulls your content from the social network (as with Media Grid)
- The ability to schedule images
- Easy-to-use, simple, responsive. I give this plug an honest five stars. They do deserve it, lol. (When I saw the pop-up requesting a review after using the plug, I thought, I don’t mind at all).
- It’s great, easy, and perfect.
- Excellent plugin. I like it a lot.
Portfolio Designer Plugin
WordPress Portfolio & Image Gallery Plugin
The Portfolio Designer plugin for WordPress enables you to make a portfolio or image galleries of your choice, regardless of the type of files you use.
It offers a number of attractive and engaging portfolio layouts for your portfolio that can be quickly and easily tailored to your specifications. You have the option of choosing any layout to display your website in addition to the standard WordPress layout.
It is also worth mentioning that YouTube, Vimeo videos, Screenr, and SoundCloud, as well as a number of other popular video and audio formats, are supported (just like Visual Portfolio). The plugin allows you to customize how posts are displayed, and it provides four layout options for portfolios.
More than fifty different image effects can be applied to images using this program; it is cross-browser compatible, making it an invaluable tool for web designers.
💵 In the case of this plugin, there is a Lite and Premium version. The Premium version costs $39, while the Lite version costs $0.
- Accessible in the built-in popup box
- Choose any page to display your portfolio posts
- Wide variety of typography settings
- Each page can have its own posts
- 4 different content positions
- Posts can be easily managed per page
- Alternative background color selection for posts
- Cross browsers Support
- Four different portfolio layouts
- This is an excellent plugin that is easy to use*. Thanks a lot. Keep it up*
- The free version has extremely few settings. It looks like this plugin has potential, but if you don’t pay for it, it is basically useless.
Finally, let me say this:
Throughout this text, we discussed the best WordPress Portfolio plugins for WordPress in 2022. By using these plugins, you will build an excellent site.
📌 Note: Don’t forget to check out our article on the useful WordPress themes for bloggers and our list of the best WordPress hosting companies.
Those are our recommendations from our side. I hope you enjoyed the list of the Best Portfolio WordPress plugins.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us through the comments below. We would greatly appreciate it if you shared the article on Twitter and Facebook.
Leave a Reply