What is the best WordPress plugin for Firewall?
We have curated a list of Top Firewall WordPress plugins with fantastic features to save you time and energy. These WordPress plugins are quick and easy to use and come with good support and work properly without worry about WordPress theme compatibility.
We chose plugins that are the best for Firewalls. The WordPress plugins below can also be used for other security functions, such as Malware Scanner & Cleaner, Vulnerability Scanner, Protection, Security Plugin for WooCommerce, File Scanning, Blacklist Monitoring, Post-Hack Actions, Brute Force Attack Protection, and more.
The following are the best Firewall WordPress plugins in 2022:
Wordfence Security Plugin
WordPress Plugin for Firewall & Malware Scan
The Wordfence security plugin is the most popular WordPress security plugin that protects WordPress websites from a host of security threats.
With this malware scanner & cleaner plugin, you may monitor your WordPress websites for malware, file changes, SQL injections, and other security threats. It may also help prevent DDoS attacks and offers brute force attack protection against your WordPress websites.
Using this solution, spam and malicious traffic are blocked before they reach the server, thereby reducing downtime.
Wordfence is primarily a firewall that can be used to block applications. It does not include a content delivery network CDN for distributing content (unlike All In One WP Security & Firewall), which is a serious limitation.
With the help of Wordfence, you will be able to keep track of recent changes and malicious IP addresses in order to ensure your website is as secure as possible. Furthermore, you will have the option of adding two-factor authentication in order to further secure your website.
As such, if you require their sophisticated application-level firewall, then you should purchase the Premium Edition of this malware cleaner. So it is not an ideal option for those who are looking to use WordPress security plugins for free.
💵 Free is the Lite version, while the Pro version is $99.
- Monitors website for SQL injections
- Blocks malicious traffic before they reach the server
- Real-time firewall rule updates included
- All changes made to the website can be tracked
- Reduces server load
- Content safety by file scanning of contents offered
- WordPress file repairs included
- Two-factor authentication is available (unlike All In One WP Security & Firewall)
- Offers real-time IP blocks
- Offers login Page CAPTCHA
- WOW, that is all I can say about this plugin. When you do have issues they are only an email away for help and usually respond within hours. GREAT Plugin for your security.
- Wordfence is proving its worth by getting us through the occasional issue quickly and efficiently. Even though we live in Asia, issues are resolved within 24 hours. Great work! Keep it up, Wordfence.
- I appreciate your work maintaining the website.
All In One WP Security & Firewall Plugin
A Comprehensive, Easy to Use WordPress Security Plugin
With the All in One WP Security and Firewall plugin for WordPress, you can address all the concerns about security regarding your website. It is also known as the AIO WP Security plugin.
A comprehensive set of web security services is provided through this product, which includes vulnerability tests, implementing the most current security practices, and utilizing the most advanced technologies to protect your site.
This vulnerability scanner plugin is a free tool that will facilitate the understanding of how secure your website is. It includes a point grading system to assist you in interpreting the level of security of your site. Keeping it updated will ensure that the maximum level of security is available.
Users are able to choose from three distinct segments of AIO WP Security in order to access a range of different features and protections: Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced. This plugin can be used by users with all levels of experience using WordPress.
As part of its security services, it uses different techniques and checks in order to reduce the vulnerability risks of your website as well as identify whether it is malicious. If you are looking to use a firewall plugin-free, this is the best option for you.
💵 Free. It costs nothing.
- Add Google Recaptcha (as with Wordfence Security)
- Prevent the hot-linking of website images
- Helps you to create strong passwords
- Password strength tools included
- Lockout IP address
- Blocks fake bots of Google
- Keeps an IP address from attempting continuous login after failing
- Deny bad or malicious query strings
- Protect your PHP code
- Stops user enumeration
- There will be an ENORMOUS banner on this developer’s admin page.
- It is by far the best free security plugin out there.
- Since I’ve been using this plugin for several years, I’ve never had an issue with the performance. I highly recommend it.
The Best Firewall WordPrss Plugin
Cloudflare, a WordPress plugin that involves a content delivery network (unlike Wordfence Security), one of the most popular plugins in the market at present, can be used to increase the loading speed of WordPress sites.
Cloudflare provides businesses with extensive online security as a standard feature on their website. It protects businesses against DDoS attacks, malware, malicious threats, and spambots.
Website application firewalls are not included in free plans, so you will need to upgrade to a pro plan to access this functionality.
Therefore, you will be in a position to provide protection for your website and keep it running smoothly by protecting the server, the applications, and the devices while fighting attacks without degrading its performance.
Using CDNs like Cloudflare provides a wide range of security features. Since the CDN manages the DNS, a firewall can filter traffic based on the DNS of the domain. This permits higher bandwidth utilization and faster loading of the website when traffic is high.
The plugin does not offer a CAPTCHA option for the login page, so if this is a priority feature for you, it may be beneficial to consider using Wordfence Security instead.
💵 It is priced at $20/M, while the Lite version is free.
- Makes your website save up to 60% in bandwidth
- Reduces downtime in case of unusually high traffic
- Prevent bot abuse
- Makes the website run quickly
- Website’s traffic can be filtered based on the DNS
- Offers a larger network of servers
- Offers higher bandwidth utilization
- Provides you with a CDN feature
- A link in the plugin leads to a ‘Global API,’ but when you click it, there is no API to be found. It used to exist, but has disappeared now. The plugin cannot be connected to Cloudflare.
- It is very easy to use. I did a speed test before and after installing it and saw a 62% increase in speed.
- It is a very straightforward plugin to install, use default settings, and link with our Cloudflare API token. All the necessary actions appear in WP-admin. This enables delegating access to domain features without need for additional Cloudflare accounts. It has improved our Google PageSpeed scores even more than the previous caching plugin we were using.
BBQ Firewall Plugin
Lightweight, Super-fast Firewall WordPress Plugin
As far as functionality is concerned, the BBQ Firewall WordPress plugin is among the easiest and most lightweight firewalls to use. You may use it to protect your site from a variety of threats, the majority of which will disappear very quickly.
The firewall rules in this section are based on Jeff’s 6G/7G firewall rules. The rules are designed to ensure that your website will not be affected by common attacks while remaining fast. The acronym ‘BBQ’ stands for ‘Block Bad Queries.’.
BBQ’s filtering system filters all network requests, blocking those that are harmful, such as base64 requests and requests that contain the longest string lengths.
More advanced users are also able to use this plugin to set up similar firewall rules in addition to those set up in the htaccess file. This plugin is especially useful for those who have difficulty editing their htaccess files directly or feel uncomfortable doing so.
💵 A Pro ($25) and Lite (free) version of the software is available.
- Offers a very lightweight design
- Protects website against bad referrers
- Set up htacess files
- Prevents unsafe character requests
- Does not affect page speed adversely
- The best option for beginners
- Secures website against SQL injection, cross-site scripting attacks, and much more
- Protects website against bad bots
- Offers executable file uploads
- Excessively long requests are prevented
- This is not a real firewall.. This is to pretend to yourself that you have a firewall. I had the PRO version and it doesn’t stop the real hacks. Only until I got a real firewall and ran scans did I notice there were some files comprised.
- There is no hassle, no reporting, no unnecessary data usage! You can use it as a normal firewall at any site. Clients will not complain and it has no settings. Keep up the good work.
- We’d be foolish if we didn’t install this plugin!
Sucuri Security Plugin
Firewall, Malware Scanner and Security Hardening WordPress Plugin
By installing Sucuri Security for WordPress, you can safeguard your website against hacking attacks, in addition to many other benefits.
Additionally to DNS firewalls, this product also provides brute force protection, malware removal, and blacklist removal services.
With this WordPress plugin, you will receive an additional layer of security for your website that protects it from any potential threats. Your website will never go down for security reasons, and it will be performing optimally at all times.
All the website traffic goes through the Sucuri proxy servers that scan each request. It also offers protection against hacks. It has a website application firewall (WAF) to keep your website secure from hackers.
The Sucuri software blocks spam and bot attacks while also optimizing caching and rendering video via CDNs (like Wordfence Security) which improves website performance by reducing the amount of load on the server.
The plugin does not include a CAPTCHA option for the login page, but if there is a need for this, it might be worthwhile to consider using Wordfence Security instead.
💵 Prices are as follows: $199.99 for Premium, free for Lite.
- Prevents your website from brute force attacks
- Offers file integrity monitoring
- Security activity auditing offered
- Protects your website against XSS
- Sends security notifications
- Protects your website against SQL Injections
- Password cracking to prevent site abuse
- Post-hack security actions are available
- website acceleration provided
- Provides an additional layer of security for the website
- Loses connection all the time. Won’t accept the new key.
- Thanks for providing the free version!
- A hacker recently saved my time and money with your plugin. You’ve done a great job! Thank you.
WP Security & Firewall WordPress Plugin
The Jetpack WordPress plugin is one of the most popular plugins available. It offers a range of features, including backup and security for your website.
Even though this tool has a firewall, it is not especially a security plugin. It offers a broad range of marketing, security, performance, and design functions, and WordPress security is one of them.
Additionally, Jetpack is an application-level firewall that blocks malicious traffic before it has reached the hosting server, just like the way Wordfence works.
However, this security plugin for WooCommerce is a very heavy plugin, and while it would be a viable alternative to many other plugins currently available, their free plan provides only very basic protection against brute force attacks.
In order to be able to benefit from daily automated backups and spam filtering, you must upgrade to at least the Personal plan.
This plugin has one disadvantage for those who would like to benefit from its advanced features. You must pay to access these features.
💵 There is a Free version and a Pro version.
- Provides advanced site stats
- Offers reliable user support from WordPress experts
- Provides anti-spam features
- Restores everything in just a single click
- Provides tools for SEO
- Offers solid customization tools
- Monitors your site uptime
- Able to provide site backups
- Back up your whole site in real-time
- Sends instant downtime alerts
- Thank you for your help. I forwarded your message to the host administrator and the problem was resolved. Quick and efficient service.
- When I added WooCommerce to the site, Jetpack crashed. I needed to start from scratch
- In my opinion, Jetpack is the best and most comprehensive plugin available at this time. We may call Jetpack an essential extension for WordPress.
Security Ninja Plugin
Firewall & Malware Scanner WordPress Plugin
The combination of NinjaFirewall with WordPress allows NinjaFirewall to intercept all requests before they reach the web server, reducing server load and saving bandwidth.
As part of its post-hack actions and security testing capabilities, the plugin also provides brute force attacks and firewall protection. The pro version of this plugin comes with a cloud-based firewall that blocks access by malicious users to your website.
It secures all directories, files, and subdirectories by sanitizing and scanning HTTP/HTTPS requests before they are sent.
The Ninja Firewall plugin is a fantastic companion to the BBQ Firewall plugin due to its capability to handle firewalls. The plugin contains the ability to speed up your website thanks to only real traffic passing through your server.
There are approximately 600 million malicious IP addresses that are known to distribute malicious software in Cloud Firewall protection. You should also be noted that this plugin does not provide the ability to insert a Recaptcha from Google.
💵 It is free to use, but you can upgrade to the Pro version for a fee.
- IPv6 compatibility provided
- Provides real-time detection
- Sends events notification
- Configurable rule sets are available
- File integrity monitoring offered
- Boosts your website’s speed
- All directories are secured
- Uses rules to filter out malicious scripts
- Enable and disable rule sets individually
- Holds more than 600 million known malicious IP addresses in the database
- This tool is very easy to use, simple and efficient. It does exactly what I need it to do.
- This plugin has been excellent for some time now – I use it daily
- For me, this plugin works as intended. I use it to keep my WordPress secure and updated.
Astra Web Security Plugin
WordPress Plugin for Protection Against All Malware & Bad Bots
In addition to providing WordPress site security, the Astra Web Security WordPress plugin will protect your website from malware, SQL injections, and XSS attacks.
The plugin protects your website in real-time by offering malware scanning and cleaning solutions on-demand, as well as real-time blacklist monitoring.
With the Astra plugin, you can begin securing your website in less than ten minutes, thanks to the simple, intuitive dashboard.
The Astra security system is used by more than 100 prestigious companies, among them Gillette, Ford, African Union, and Oman Airlines.
It is true that there is no free plan available. To gain access to this plugin, you must purchase the complete Astra security suite. This suite does offer many features, but if all that is needed is WAF, then this suite may not be suitable.
💵 $25/M is the price of the Astra Web Security plugin.
- Stops SEO spam
- Complete security audit offered
- Logs all attacks in its intuitive dashboard
- Includes country blocking/whitelisting
- Installs as an extension in your website (no need for changing DNS settings)
- Bad bots blocking offered
- Real-time protection offered
- Offers IP profiling & tracking
- Offers robust community-powered security engine
- Protects your website against 100+ cyber attacks
iThemes Security Plugin
Number One WordPress Firewall Plugin
The iThemes Security, formerly known as Better WP Security, is an effective tool for protecting your website against hackers and malicious software.
There are a number of tools available in the plugin that facilitate the management of brute force protection and other security features.
A fundamental feature of this software is the detection of vulnerabilities in plugins, outdated software, and weak passwords.
In addition, the application provides a backend dashboard that allows users to see tracking records and activity logs.
In addition to receiving support and updates for the plugin for one year should you purchase the pro version, you will also receive two websites that are supported by the plugin.
With this plugin you can integrate a wide variety of features, including file integrity checks, security hardening, limiting login attempts, enforcing strong passwords, spam detection, 404 detections, and more. You can also activate 30 overall security measures.
💵 You can choose from a free Lite version or a pro version for $80.
- Scheduled backups provided
- Locks out any suspicious IP
- 404 detection and plugin scans offered
- Set an ‘Away Mode’ when you’re not updating your site constantly
- Protects WordPress plugins and themes
- Secure your account with two-factor authentication
- Notifies you when files are updated by email
- Provides powerful password enforcement
- The best security plugins, congratulations.
- The old version was very good. The current design is very bad. Also removed 404 detections. This was a very important feature for security. He could have turned this feature off anyway.
- Since the UI changes, I’ve found this plugin unusable. I’ve tried it for a while now, so it’s not that the UI’s new – it’s just that it’s lousy.
The Best WordPress Firewall Plugins
We have discussed the best WordPress Firewall plugins above. If you choose a ready plugin, you can improve your website.
I hope you now have a well-designed firewall website. For our readers, we regularly publish articles about the best WordPress blog themes and the best WordPress plugins for bloggers. These posts are frequently referenced, voted for, and shared by our audience.
Did I miss any WordPress plugins? Please let us know in the comments below! Make sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for our latest posts!
2 Comments Leave a Reply
iThemes doesn’t have a firewall, free or paid version
I doesn’t have cloud firewall but has some features of a firewall like blocking suspicious activities and bot detection, stopping automated attacks … and because of this we added it at the end of list.