Are you in search of the best WordPress plugin for Password Protection? deciding the best Password Protection WordPress plugins is not that straightforward?
It is possible to use the plugins to password protect WordPress sites and also password protect WordPress pages. We have created sure that every plugin you find here works smoothly with all WordPress themes.
We selected WordPress plugins that are the absolute best option for Password Protection. It is possible to use the following plugins for Password Protected Page, Password Protect Category, and Password Protected WordPress website.
Additionally, we recommend that you review our article on the best WordPress content protection plugins. If you lock some parts of your post contents and require your users to do something in order to access them, this can increase your WordPress newsletter subscribers and increase your social media interaction by utilizing the social sharing buttons on your content locker.
Let's check our selections for the best WordPress Password Protection plugins in 2022:
Password Protection For WordPress
Passster, one of the most popular WordPress security plugins, gives you options to protect the entire website or just pages and posts of your choice.
Passster creates a lot of acceptance in creating encrypted, protected areas on your website. It can be created simply by adding a shortened area code to your site. It also functions properly with WordPress page builders such as Elementor, which makes your life easier.
You can protect specific pages on the website or direct visitors to particular pages with the Global Protection option. You can also use a password or captcha for protection. Both options are provided by this plugin.
It also provides you with a list of passwords that, based on what you put, will be removed from the list after one use of the password or repeated use of the password several times. Content can also be opened automatically per user and user role.
💵 There is a $79.99 premium version as well as a free version.
- Using an extensive list of passwords with the date and usage expiration
- Encrypted passwords are stored in cookies for faster access
- Ability to access content with encrypted links and shorten URLs with Bitly
- A list of passwords can be set including: to expire after one usage, several uses, or after a certain period (hours, days, weeks, months)
- Protect your account with a single password or captcha
- I had some trouble using PPWP-plugin and was looking for alternative. Found Passster by coincidence and give it a chance … all my needs were satisfied. I’m pretty happy with Passster and think of using it in other related situations when needed.
- Was great, but now it seems you need the right password AND some luck to unlock the content. Otherwise you sometimes get a “security check failed” error. This topic was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by
- This content-protection plugin is the best I know using with elementor. With PPWP-plugin some errors occured which I couldn’t fix (also not with support). With Passster everything worked well and the support was more than fast (under 24 hours for replies). Great job!
WordPress Trial Login Without Password
Temporary Login Without Password is a plugin to create secure, self-expiring links and auto-login links for WordPress.
Webmasters can use this plugin for temporary access to users. After sending the link, you can enter the site without a password.
WordPress is a professional and valuable plugin that allows WordPress users to create temporary accounts with temporary validation time. Users are not required to develop permanent memberships, and they can use WordPress without a password.
Users enter their user account with just one click. This happens when you want someone to visit the site as a buyer. As a webmaster, you can specify the login expiration time and the role of the temporary account.
This plugin enables the ability to create an unlimited number of temporary logins. You do not need a password and username to do this, and you only need a simple link. It has an expiration date and can no longer enter the site after that date.
Provides site administrators with a variety of options for setting expiration dates. Logging in allows the user to be redirected to a specific page or restrict access to certain content. Users' entry and exit times are recorded with this link, and the number of access times can be checked.
💵 The plugin is free to download.
- Ability to login with just a simple link. Without need any password or username
- Ability to redirect users to a specific page after login
- Ability to set account expiry with various expiration options
- Create a history of the logged-in time of temporary users
- Ability to create unlimited temporary logins
- Extremely easy to use. Just what I needed, thanks!
- Just perfect. This topic was modified 1 day, 11 hours ago by
- A nice plugin that helps when cooperating with others for a set timeframe.
Password Protect WordPress Content Pluign
WordPress Password Protect Page plugin (PPWP) is a powerful WordPress restricted content plugin to secure your website by providing a password.
This plugin helps you provide a password for different posts, different pages, or the whole website and protect your website with this password. This plugin does not save uploaded images and files.
Choose to secure your website content with multiple passwords or even, if desired, with a single password. You can pre-select the expiration time of these passwords, and they will expire automatically.
Password selection is activated with just a few simple clicks, and it is effortless to work with this plugin. This plugin gives you an option to protect your WordPress pages and posts using user roles with a password.
Therefore, you can create different passwords for different user roles, such as ones for subscribers and one for editors. Also, instead of creating a separate password for each post, you can protect all posts in one or more categories and groups simultaneously.
When users successfully unlock a post, they can automatically access the rest of the content in that category.
💵 The Premium version of the WordPress Password Protect Page plugin costs $190.80, and the Lite version is free.
- Provide direct access to protected posts without requiring users to enter a password
- Protection against unlimited WordPress pages, posts, and custom post types
- Access a particular page using as many different passwords as you like
- Passwords can be set for specific user roles on your WordPress websites, such as members and customers
- Rather than securing each page separately, protect multiple pages with the same password
- I love being able to easily gate content with this plugin. Their support is fantastic, too! This topic was modified 3 days, 23 hours ago by
- This guys are good at what they do, the fastest support I’ve ever seen. I recommend them.
- Plugin works perfect. Saves me a lot of time and energy. Great tool.
Password Protect category for WordPress
Access Category Password helps you specify passwords for categories of posts from your website and restrict the access of unwanted people.
To access the password page, you can access those posts after entering the password. With this plugin, you can choose between authentication and cookie options.
You can also display a message that conveys information to visitors before displaying the lock screen. After entering the wrong error code, you can select and customize the desired message text to display.
Supports four languages: English, French, German and Chinese, and also RTL languages. As a security measure, the plugin uses PHP Sessions (more secure) or a Cookie (less secure) to keep track of authenticated users. Each password is encrypted and stored before it can be used.
To avoid showing restricted categories of posts, the regular feed is filtered. With this plugin, it is easy to set passwords for the specified categories of your website posts; after that, it is displayable just for visitors who have the passwords.
💵 There is no cost to use this plugin. It is FREE.
- Display information about password types before the password field
- Custom excerpts can be displayed before the password field
- Option to choose between authentication session or cookie
- Set error message when a user enters the wrong password
- Checking users without passwords to access specified categories
- Change the placeholder of the password field
- This plugin does what it says. Extremely helpful for managing your WordPress content access. It allows you to control access based on user roles. If you are running a membership site, you’ll find it especially handy. Plus, it’s totally free. I give it a 5 star rating!
- protection type COOKIE is insecure. If User set browser COOKIE, he can access protected posts. — protection type がCOOKIEの場合は安全面に問題があります。 ある名称のCOOKIEをブラウザに埋め込めば保護された投稿にアクセス可能で、それはとても簡単にできます。
- Видно заголовок і картинку поста в прихованій категорії.
Recover Forgotten Passwords For WordPress
Frontend Reset Password is a WordPress frontend user profile plugin that allows users to recover their password from the front of the site if they have lost or forgotten their password.
There is no trace of the default WordPress password reset form. Users enter their username or email address in the relevant field, and a password reset link is emailed to them. After entering your email and clicking on the link emailed to them, they will be redirected to your site and asked to choose a new password.
Everything is done using WordPress default methods, including security, so you do not have to worry. Frontend Reset Password is great for sites that have disabled members' access to the WordPress dashboard or if you plan to add a lost/reset password to your site pages.
This plugin also works excellent with Easy Digital Downloads! Entering the wrong username or email address will result in an error message. After setting up this plugin for your website, you have a box of tools to build a form that matches your website's theme excellently.
💵 Without paying and Free! You will have the advantages of this plugin and It's support.
- A Lost/Reset Password form can be included on your custom site pages if your site has disabled access to the dashboard
- Displaying error message when a user enters wrong information
- Provide minimum character requirement for passwords
- Provide password reset forms that match your website theme
- Email reset link for users who lost their passwords
- Excelente, fácil de usar y tiene grandes características para ser totalmente gratuito.
- It is easy to use and works perfect. I would like this plugin could have more customization… but I am very grateful it exist 🙂
- Exactly what I needed, a no fuss front page reset password system that works.
Create Password Protect content For Members Only
WP Edit Password Protected is one of the plugins that you can easily use to create a single page for admins or site admins utilizing a variety of designs. This plugin gives you many options to change this page.
You can add social media integration or icons to change the password form in posts or pages hidden with the password. Sometimes a webmaster wants to create a page for only members and change the message on password-protected posts/pages.
This plugin helps them create such pages with attractive options. WP Edit Password Protected is straightforward to use. With this plugin, you can create unlimited pages for members only.
You can easily set a password on these pages and create custom messages to display. You can display the created texts anywhere on the page. Supports premium social media. It also offers 4 different designs for locked pages.
💵 You can download this inclusive plugin for Free.
- Strong supporting team to assist users with their problems
- Ability to set the text wherever you prefer
- Create unlimited pages for only members
- Provide the option to put social icons in three different positions
- Provide the ability to add new texts with HTML tags
- I had to watch the author’s video a couple of times, but that was nothing compared to the hours I wasted chasing other solutions before finally finding Wp Edit Password Protected. It works great! Thanks for a great plugin!
- Funciona bien, pero la casilla de contraseña no se puede editar. Por el resto, todo perfecto.
- First, my English is not really good. It would be nice if you had the opportunity to change the look of the “form.styles”. Have a nice day…
Reset Multiple User's Password In Just One Click
MASS Users Password Reset is a powerful yet lightweight WordPress plugin for resetting users' passwords. This plugin can categorize users based on their roles and reset their passwords in groups. This plugin notifies users of their new passwords by sending them an email.
The professional version of this plugin offers several methods for password recovery. Password recovery emails are also provided in several email formats that you can choose from.
Supports several different languages and is compatible with popular WordPress plugins such as WooCommerce and WooCommerce themes, BuddyPress, and more. An unlimited number of passwords can be reset from this plugin. It is easy to install and can also be used efficiently.
So, if you think you need a plugin like Mass users password reset on your website for recovering forgotten passwords, one of your efficient choices can be this plugin with its excellent features.
💵 It is free to use, but it costs $49.00 to upgrade.
- Password reset for individual users, and bulk password reset for multiple selected users can be done from the default users page
- Ability to customize the email notification template by inserting predefined placeholders
- Provides various ways to reset the passwords of users
- Provide users the options of receiving a Reset Password Link or the plain text password
- Create groups of users based on roles or custom fields, then reset the passwords only for those users
- It’s a really good plugin to reset the user’s password.
- Really such a great plugin for password reset. also i’m use this plugin as a security purpose, I’m use the schedule password reset option to secure my store user details. Thank you.
Final Thoughts on the Top Password Protection plugins!
The evaluation of plugins is important. We reviewed the best WordPress Password Protection plugins. If you hope to enhance your website, you can use them.
We hope you liked our collection. Furthermore, you may want to review our article regarding disabling right-click on WordPress sites, which adds additional content protection and copy theft protection to your site.
Furthermore, we will discuss how to customize your WordPress login page, as well as which plugins your website may need.