Would you like to find the best Password Manager plugin for WordPress?
This article will discuss the best WordPress plugins for your website password management. You can get started right away without wasting time searching and detecting a cluttered list of plugins. Before you proceed, we provide the following list of WordPress plugins that will assist you in finding something that suits you best. These plugins are also compatible with all popular WordPress themes.
The plugins we selected are the best password managers available. They allow you to manage passwords, change password policies, reset passwords, block weak passwords, create and protect passwords, and limit the expiration period for passwords.
Best Password Manager Plugins for WordPress 🔑
Check out some of the best WordPress plugins for password management in 2022:
Brings a Lot of Flexibility in Creating Password-protected Areas On Your Website
Passster can be used to protect an entire website, specific pages, and posts, or just certain parts of it. This is a very simple process and can be performed very easily.
Adding a short area code to Passster will allow you to create encrypted, protected areas on your website. Passster can be used in conjunction with WordPress page builders, like Elementor, which significantly simplifies the task of maintaining your website.
By using the Global Protection option, you can secure each page of your website or direct visitors to a specific page. The plugin also includes options for adding a password or captcha for security, both of which can be incorporated within this plugin.
With the Pro version of the plugin, you have the ability to set password expiry limits. This feature allows you to specify when passwords on a list should expire, for example, after one use, after two uses, or after a preset period of time, for example, after an hour, a day, a week, or a month.
Using this plugin, your content can be automatically opened based on the user's role. Also, this plugin enables you to protect your website with Google ReCaptcha Version 2 and 3 (as does WordPress Password Protect Page Plugin).
💵 The Premium version of the plugin costs $199.99, while the Lite version is free.
- You can use more than one password
- Protect your website using a single password or a captcha
- Shorten the entire URL by using Bitly to unlock content with encrypted links
- You can create large password lists and provide password expiration dates and usage patterns
- Protect your website with Google ReCaptcha Version 2 and 3
- Cookies can be used to store encrypted passwords for quicker access
- Compatible with WPBakery Pagebuilder, Elementor Pro, Beaver Builder, Divi Builder, Oxygen Builder, and Gutenberg
- Using AJAX to unlock the page without reloading
- In my case, I was having difficulty with PPWP-plugin, so I looked for alternatives. I found Passster by accident and gave it a shot … all my needs were met. I am pretty satisfied with Passster and intend to use it more frequently in the future.
- This was great, but now you just need the right password and a little luck to unlock the content. Otherwise, you sometimes get a ‘security check failed' error. This topic was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago.
Store Different Passwords At One Place
With the WordPress Password Manager plugin, you can keep all of your passwords in one place, so you won't lose them. They are securely stored within the WordPress database, so no one else can access them.
For those of you who have multiple accounts or passwords, you can use the password management features of this plugin and organize your passwords into categories to avoid losing them.
This plugin offers two handy features: an animation-based UI for bootstrap and a password-saving feature. Also, an encryption key can be configured for the plugin when it is installed, which uses AES-128 for encryption.
This plugin enables you to manage your WordPress passwords using beautiful tables. All of your passwords, usernames, email addresses, and password categories will be displayed in this table. You can quickly copy, edit, or delete accounts using the action column.
This shortcode allows you to share your password tables via WordPress.
💵 You can download this handy plugin for free and take advantage of its many features.
- Passwords can be exported and imported
- Manage all passwords using a Bootstrap-based user interface
- Tables containing all passwords and their categories
- Addition of a URL field in the password form
- Possibility of storing all passwords in a single location
- You can differentiate passwords based on the different types of information they contain
- Each password is encrypted
- To share the passwords table, you can utilize a shortcode
- Everything related to our web project: Social accounts, web 2.0 accounts, service accounts, etc. The Shortcode is great for displaying passwords to team members on the forum project page. (Private site) A must-have for development and collaboration teams.
Helps Administrators Ensure That Their Users Use Strong Passwords
You can use the Password Policy Manager plugin for WordPress to ensure that your blog is protected by strong passwords.
This plugin offers you the option of creating a strong password policy that your users must follow. Still, it does not provide any other kinds of security measures like Passster does.
Your WordPress site is a secure platform, so you cannot allow weak passwords to compromise it. You should enforce strong security policies for your WordPress users and check their password complexity to ensure that they use strong passwords explicitly designed for your WordPress site.
With Password Policy Manager, many different types of rules can be enforced, including password length preferences, the use of upper and lowercase letters, numbers, special characters, expiration date, and a password history to ensure that users do not reuse their passwords.
Aside from allowing you to set passwords to expire after a set period of time (like Passster does), this plugin gives you a password reset option.
This option will enable you to change your users' passwords with a single click if you suspect your website has been successfully brute-forced by a malicious hacker and that their passwords have been stolen.
💵 The Premium version of the plugin costs $79, while the Lite version is Free.
- Randomly generate strong passwords and send them via email
- Enables password resets of all the user's passwords and logouts of all current sessions in one click
- Ensures that your passwords are secure and strong
- Password policies can be configured based on roles
- Sending a password reset link by email is possible
- You can require users to change their passwords upon logging in the next time
- Each user's password strength will be displayed in the password score
- I've been using the WP-Lister for eBay plugin for many years and it's saved me countless hours of duplicate entry between my website and eBay. I have over 100,000 products listed on my website. Hands down one of the best purchases I've ever made. Their support has always been very responsive and helpful whenever I have contacted them. Highly recommended!
Powerful and All-in-one Solution to Secure Your Website With Passwords
WordPress Password Protect Page Plugin, also known as PPWP, enables you to secure your site with multiple passwords and lock your entire website with a single password. PPWP has several powerful features that provide you with increased ease of use.
Additionally to the built-in password protector in WordPress, this plugin allows you to set a different password for each post and page.
Furthermore, you can secure your content with just one click. When you use the password generator to activate protection, a random password is generated, and you can password-protect your content.
Through the use of reCaptcha, the plugin protects your site from the misuse of passwords. You can use reCaptcha v2 or v3 to prevent password abuse and spam by automating software and bots.
However, genuine users will access protected content with ease and read-protected content with no problem.
Upon storing passwords in the post meta information, a cookie will be created so that users can access the protected pages or posts once they are logged in with their credentials.
Using the password protector in the WordPress dashboard, you have the option of password-protecting posts and pages based on the user roles of your site. For example, setting individual passwords for subscribers and editors.
It should be noted that this plugin does not restrict access to images or uploaded files. So if you attach files to the protected post or page, for example, they are still accessible. You will have to use Prevent Direct Access (PDA) to prevent them from accessing these files directly.
💵 The Lite version of the plugin is free, and the Premium version is $190.80.
- Creating unlimited passwords for each user role
- Make the same password available to multiple user roles
- Allows password cookies to expire
- The same password can be used for all pages
- Form and error messages can be customized
- Provides protection for all posts in a given category
- Your WordPress pages can be protected
- Ensure that all WordPress custom post types are password protected
- She assisted me in troubleshooting the issue and eventually found that the problem was server-side, not plugin-related.
- Everything has been sorted out with excellent support. I solved all my issues and I love the plugin.
Lets You Reset The Password of All Users
The Mass Users Password Reset plugin allows you to reset the passwords of all users at once. It enables you to group users according to their roles and then reset their passwords per those roles. Users receive an email containing their newly created passwords.
The Reports feature allows you to view details regarding changes to passwords and any other activity that has occurred on your system since the Password Reset.
You can also view who has changed the login credentials on your system since the lockout event. ((like Password Policy Manager)
The pro version of the plugin provides multiple methods for resetting a password and customizable email templates that send new password information. It is natively compatible with multiple languages and WooCommerce, BuddyPress, and Dokan Multivendor Marketplaces.
There are configuration settings available that permit you to choose how many users appear on each page and specify what information appears on the Reset page for each participant.
Also, to facilitate the development of a strong password, the plugin allows a link to be emailed to the client, from which they can go on to change their login information. By clicking the link, they can create a random password.
💵 Both free and $49 versions of the plugin are available.
- Support provided for free
- Reset passwords according to a predefined schedule
- Users with valid reset links can be excluded
- Sends notifications to users in specific roles
- Role-based categorization of users
- Multilingual translation functionality is available
- A developer-friendly interface
- Updates can be made to up to 100 passwords
- It is a good plugin that allows user to reset their password.
- I'm using this plugin for security purposes as well. I use the scheduled password reset option to keep the store user details secure. Thank you for making such a great plugin!
One Last Thought
We looked at the best Password Manager plugins and explained why they are helpful in this article.
We hope you find this article helpful and take advantage of these handy plugins to manage your passwords with ease.