Are you trying to find the best WordPress Paywall plugin?
We show you the best WordPress plugins for the paywall to make it easier for you and your customers to choose one that works seamlessly with all WordPress themes.
These plugins help you establish your online presence in a highly competitive field by providing features and design aesthetics. We also guarantee that the plugins will appear smoothly on all popular WordPress themes.
In addition to these WordPress plugins, we have included this list of Paywall plugins. You can also use these plugins for Metered Paywall, WooCommerce Paywall, Pay Per Post, Bypass Paywall, Pay Per Click, Digital Subscription Management, Sell Posts & Articles, and Content Subscriptions System.
We're sharing our hand-picked WordPress plugins for paywalls in 2022 in this article:
Helps News and Magazine Publishers Build Email Lists and Create New Content Products
With Leaky Paywall, news publications and online magazines can build email lists, generate revenue from subscribers, and create new content products using WordPress' native flexibility.
The plugin supports several different paywalls, including traditional, hybrid, and metric paywalls. Readers will be able to read all content free of charge before subscribing to access additional features. The plugin supports different payment methods, including PayPal, MagHub, RunMags, and Stripe.
If you are already using a technology stack, we suggest that you do not add a paywall to it. Suppose you use a technology stack and do not wish to add a paywall. In that case, Leaky Paywall is the only option that allows you to create mobile apps, integrate with CRMs, and create email lists.
The plugin can be downloaded for free to compare it with the website of your choice. You can also obtain extensions, such as a pop-up and paywall plugin chrome that displays the number of articles a visitor can view before subscribing to a website.
You will be found in search results, social media, email lists, and more with our metered paywall solution, Leaky Paywall. With this plugin, your content will be indexed by Google thousands of times and ranked by search results. All of your articles can be shared on social media in various ways.
💵 The premium version costs $149/m, and the free/lite version costs nothing.
- Increasing conversion rates can be achieved by preventing incognito browsing
- Provides actionable information based on the actions of site visitors and subscribers
- Use post types, categories, tags, and taxonomies, such as archived content and individual posts
- Ability to publish and sell content to web issues and flipbooks
- Being able to sell subscriptions that allow access to multiple websites for one flat fee
- I appreciate the quick response and great support we received from the developers at Leaky Paywall when we implemented Leaky Paywall on a client's site.
The tool is very versatile and exactly what we needed for our client.
- It's the most flexible paywall plugin out there for WordPress. If you're serious about creating a sustainable business through digital subscriptions, look no further.
- The Leaky Paywall plugin does its job well, and the plugin developers respond quickly.
A Reliable WordPress Membership Plugin that Integrates your Site with Memberful
Memberful WP is one of the best WordPress membership plugins that might have a sleek interface. You can add widgets to your website so that subscribers can edit their subscription settings. Still, it doesn't seem to be as popular as some other paywall plugins under consideration.
Using this plugin, you can integrate the Memberful subscription tool to sell articles and post subscriptions using Stripe. It creates a paywall and restricts content based on membership levels.
Memberful WP works directly with WordPress. When users sign in to this WP plugin, they are automatically logged into your WordPress site. This eliminates the need for users to remember two sets of login information.
In addition to providing some of the functionality required to sell memberships, Memberful WP software will enable you to configure membership levels, collect payments, and compute taxes on memberships.
The main disadvantage of Memberful WP is that it is not a native WordPress plugin. A plugin is provided to make the integration possible, but most of the work is done through a separate dashboard.
The pay-per-click plugin allows you to restrict access to certain content and ensure the security of your website based on how many people are logged in simultaneously.
💵 Both the Lite and Pro versions of this plugin are included. The Pro version costs $25/m, while the Lite version costs nothing.
- Existing members to export their personal information in CSV format
- Ability to use this tool to manage members and memberships
- Utilizing this application, you can send users newsletters via email
- Allows you to track conversions in real-time, giving you insights into real-time analytics
- Creates personal podcasts according to your specifications for each member
- Ability to restrict access to the content available to members only to some or all of it
- I have been using Memberful for a couple of months now and think it is great. Support is awesome and prompt. I would recommend it for anyone creating or updating a membership site.
- the plugin does not secure content. I can still access “restricted” content when not logged in. would not recommend
- It broke my site giving a 500 error. I didn’t have access to anything, including my admin panel. I went into cPanel and removed the plugin but that didn’t do a thing. I had to have my hosting company fix it. Thank goodness they did and for free!
The “All-In-One” Membership Plugin for WordPress
The MemberPress plugin offers a variety of features not found in any other WordPress plugin currently available on the market. It not only creates content-sharing membership portals but also provides tools for users of every skill level.
It is easy to restrict access to certain pages, posts, files, and categories with MemberPress, thanks to its easy-to-use setup process.
It is also possible to create password-protected forums through MemberPress, such as bbPress, which can increase your membership retention rates dramatically. You can also generate coupon codes through this plugin to increase your membership retention rates.
There are limitations to the plugin. It only offers support for popular services for running a membership website. Still, it does not integrate with some other standard services.
The plugin can be easily extended. You can hire a developer to add whatever third-party services you require for your website.
This plugin allows you to easily create and sell posts & articles online by providing users with a customized learning experience that helps users complete their studies.
Compared to the Leaky Paywall plugin, the MemberPress plugin provides beautifully designed pricing pages that can be customized for your website and published to your website customers. This plugin does not require any coding skills to set up or manage.
💵 The plugin is priced at $279 and comes with 12 months of free support.
- Accept payments via PayPal, Authorizenet, and Stripe
- Ability to join or unsubscribe to service; access to the service can be granted or denied
- The ability to ensure that your course will be well received by potential students
- Allows you to create various access restrictions for posts, pages, categories, tags, and files
- The ability to release content gradually over some time
The only WordPress LMS created by e-learning experts
One of the most popular plugin choices for WordPress users is LearnDash, which includes e-Learning that can be used to create online courses and monetize them.
LearnDash, as an online learning management system, provides an opportunity to design an advantageous, user-friendly learning experience.
For instance, the Focus Mode feature reduces distractions by creating an engaging, welcoming environment for your learners. Various course types can also be made using templates and WordPress page builders.
Learning can be made fun and easy with this plugin by integrating popular apps and systems, such as PayPal, Slack, easy digital subscription management and downloads, and Zapier.
With this plugin, you can automatically email students notifications based on their activities. It can also connect with popular email marketing platforms, such as Mailchimp, to ensure student information is updated.
As LearnDash is a non-coding plugin, it is compatible with WordPress multisite. It is not required to possess any coding skills to use the plugin.
Using LearnDash and MemberPress plugins, you can easily create and sell online courses. They offer advanced features that make managing the learning material more convenient than any other WordPress membership plugin.
You can integrate both PayPal and 2Checkout into your website and several hundred other payment gateways.
💵 All features and settings are listed, plus 12 months of free support are included.
- Depending on your information, you will send your learners automatic emails regarding their activity
- The ability to establish engaging member sites with quizzes and discussion forums for specific courses
- Includes rewarding Certificates and badges for achieving learning objectives
- Provides group membership support to assist businesses in selling their group membership packages
Gives you Robust Content Restriction Tools and a Powerful WordPress Membership Site
Restrict Content Pro is one of the best membership plugins for WordPress. It was developed by the same team that created AffiliateWP and Easy Digital Downloads plugins.
The Restrict Content Pro restriction tool will allow you to restrict access to your content in various ways. For instance, you may restrict access based on membership status or categorize and tag content.
As part of this Restrict Content Pro plugin, you can set an unlimited number of membership levels, trial subscriptions, free trials, and paid subscriptions. You can also integrate the plugin with WooCommerce paywall and PayPal, Stripe, and 2Checkout.
Restricted Content Pro can generate detailed reports concerning the site's performance, revenue, and transaction tracking and tailoring the information to meet the client's needs.
Also, you will be able to access features such as an extensive customer dashboard, detailed revenue reports, an upload tool for information to 3rd-party applications, and automated emails based on each member's behavior.
The software allows you to view all of your members, including active, pending, expired, canceled, and free members, in one place.
There are various membership levels on your site. You can control the price, the signup fee, the frequency, and the role that members receive when they register.
So members will have the option to upgrade or downgrade when registering. The fee will be prorated automatically, and they will be notified when it is time to renew.
💵 The price of this plugin is $99.
- The ability to sell an unlimited number of digital products may be sold
- By providing a customer dashboard, you will be able to allow your customers to view their account information
- Consider offering exclusive discount codes to your registered users
- Enabling members to create networking sites using WordPress Multisite
- Upgrades and downgrades are possible on a prorated basis
A Powerful Membership Plugin for WordPress
With the S2Member WordPress plugin, you can quickly turn your WordPress site into a membership site. It is a free plugin with a pro version as well. It has been around for some time and is very popular with developers.
Using S2Member, you can set custom login and registration restrictions and use open registration, so anyone can register at any time. This gives you the flexibility to restrict access to your content according to your needs and for whomever you choose.
You will receive a security badge upon purchase of each pay-per-post plugin, which boosts visitor confidence but does not increase the security of your website.
The membership plugin comes equipped with all the features necessary for building a fully-functional membership site, including subscription renewal features and restriction options.
Those who own businesses can also sell user keys, which, when entered into S2Member, will enable users to access digital content, such as eBooks and online courses.
This plugin offers content dripping and coupon and gift card redemption and the many features provided by S2member.
💵 With the Free/Lite version, the plugin costs $0 and $89 with the Premium version.
- The ability to upload protected media files to your website
- To contact customer support via email, click here
- The ability to create membership accounts for your members using custom coding
- Purchases are associated with a security badge
- Provides our customers with access to an extensive knowledge base
- Supports MailChimp, bbPress, and BuddyPress
- I received extremely quick and reliable support from Cristian on this membership plugin. It does a lot and has a lot of configuration options to accomplish whatever you want. Cristian went out of his way and helped me diagnose an issue with another plugin restricting part of my website.
- I've used S2member Pro on a few projects now & I have found it to fulfill all our membership needs. Most impressive is the support. Excellent communication, knowledgeable, friendly, and patient.
- The plugin works well, is easy to configure, and with interesting security features. Special mention goes to Cristián Lavaque whose support is wonderful-fast, and clear, even if you are a free member like me.
The Most Complete WordPress Membership Plugin
The Paid Memberships Pro plugin provides all the tools you need to launch, manage, and expand your membership website. This plugin is perfect for premium content marketing websites, organizations that offer online courses, and training institutions that work with members worldwide.
Because it comes with built-in payment integration. It was selected as a bonus pick in this round-up since it is a membership plugin that may be customized according to your business needs.
The Paid Memberships Pro plugin allows you to set up unlimited membership levels with special pricing. It will enable you to create child accounts within parent accounts for businesses. A mail communication feature will let you communicate with your members and remind them of their responsibilities.
Using the Paid Memberships Pro, you can generate sales and revenue reports for your business that will help you make better decisions in the future. You will see how many members have joined and canceled and the number of active members.
The capability to create such flexible reports is a handy tool for checking up on your members and estimating how much profit your site will generate in the future.
By providing full access to your members' profiles, you can give them complete control over their profiles. For example, one directory can enable your members to manage their subscriptions and update their personal information.
💵 Lite version is free, but the Pro version is $247
- Ability to assign membership levels to individual posts and pages
- Includes integration of six payment gateways
- Provide your members with a flexible pricing structure and a free trial period, and they will greatly appreciate it
- Consider editing or replacing your pages for registration and login with mine
- Creates customized notification email messages that meet your needs
- Support can vary greatly. I've spoken with people who treated me as an inconvenience – and others who made me feel like I was the most valued customer in the world.
Solid plugin with lots of cool unique features.
- Add-ons were easily customizable with this plugin.
- I love this plugin, it is a powerful one. Great job!
A Content Subscriptions System with Paypal for WooCommerce
With Jeg Paywall, you will be able to accept payments from anywhere in the world utilizing methods such as PayPal. It is also compatible with all WooCommerce themes. Jeg Paywall includes a Content Subscriptions System with Paypal for WooCommerce.
This extension allows you to monetize content on WooCommerce sites and manage pricing options on those sites using paywalls. The extension is consistent with any theme as well as any WooCommerce store.
You can subscribe to their membership services and benefit from secure payment options. Still, you can also offer a pay-per-post option, which allows your visitors to decide whether or not to join your club before committing to membership.
It would be helpful if there were a feature by which you could restrict posts, custom post types, and other content.
The content of your premium content can be restricted. However, you can still provide a brief overview of what is contained in your premium content if you wish. It is simple to set up, and you only have to enable it for selected posts.
The system will enable you to make money with your content for secure monthly payments. Each time a fee is obtained, you will receive a steady income since the PayPal payment gateway is integrated into the system for more significant earning potential.
💵 Price of the Jeg Paywall plugin is $39.
- All customers are assisted by the support team
- Ability to reach all users globally through the use of payment methods
- Enable you to increase your revenue within a few minutes
- Access to specific content on your website can easily be restricted
- Able to monetize your content by offering subscribers access to your premium content
- It works best with the JNews theme, but not so well with mine. Doesn't work very well with Woocommerce either. Customers are registered as users, and that's not what I wanted. Tested some others that work better, but content restrictions work fine.
You can find the conclusion here
This text talked about some of the best plugins available and why they were helpful. Nearly anyone with a website can utilize these plugins.
With this guide, I hope you can now build a powerful Paywall website by yourself.