Would you like to know which File Upload WordPress plugins you should use to take your website to the next level?
The following post is a collection of the best WordPress File Upload Plugins. The following list of the best WordPress plugins will help you find something that fits your needs. Finally, these plugins have been designed to work with all popular WordPress themes.
To summarize these WordPress plugins, we created this list for File Uploaders. It’s possible to utilize the following plugins for Upload for WooCommerce, File Upload Form, Upload File Programmatically, File and Picture Upload, Multi-Purpose File Upload, and Multiple File Upload.
These are our top picks for top WordPress File Upload plugins in 2022:
File Upload Types Plugin
Make It Simple for Anyone to Easily Add Support for Any File Types With Any Extension
Your WordPress site will need a File Upload Types plugin to allow your users to upload more file types. If the functionality of your WPForm plugin needs to be extended, This Plugin is the best possible option.
By using the File Upload Types, you can easily support any file type in your dashboard and any extension. The plugin is free and open-source and was developed by the developers behind WpForms to add support for any file type in WordPress.
Normally, users can upload certain file types to WordPress, however, if a user uploads a file type that does not fall within the permitted extensions, WordPress displays a message that reads: This file type is not permitted.
It also has a tutorial on adding new file types or creating custom ones if you want to see how easy it is to do that.
💵 You can download this free plugin here.
- Extensions such as .zip, .xml, .csv, .ai, and .cad are supported
- Easily integrates with WPForms and enhances its functionality
- The internal WordPress file whitelist can be controlled and adjusted
- File types with their corresponding comma-separated MIME types can be added
- This works, but I don’t get why it’s not just in the main plugin. Doesn’t make sense. Keeping WordPress lightweight eventually becomes more of a hassle than it’s worth to most people.
- I got it to allow ePub uploads easy. I just had to get the mine type right, which I bet can sometimes be a bit tricky and technical. But the plugin dies it’s best to make that as simple as possible. Thanks!
Ajax Multi Upload Plugin
A File Upload WordPress Plugin Based On Jquery
As with WordPress File Upload, Ajax Multi Upload for WordPress allows you to add files to the upload queue without the necessity of reloading the page, so that the user can enjoy the smoothest experience possible.
It is implemented with the aid of jQuery and a shortcode.
They nicely offer custom filters, image resizing, file uploading of single or multiple files, and more as part of our package. We use Ajax to upload files smoothly without requiring the user to refresh the browser.
It is just an outstanding tool that lets you manage the process of file and picture Upload for your users and visitors. The downside for this plugin is that the support team may not always be available and sometimes you have to wait long hours.
All in all, it is just one of the most efficient and practical Multi-Purpose File Upload plugins available today in the market for almost any specific needs you and your users may have.
💵 Take advantage of all the impactful capabilities included in this plugin, and you will receive all new updates for one year when you buy this plugin for $14.
- Allows your users to upload a single file or a number of files at once
- Maintain a record of how many files have been uploaded
- Requires you to have no coding knowledge and skills
- Compatible with multiple systems and cross-browser compatible
- Provides an image resizer for changing the size of uploaded images
- Files can be uploaded without requiring the page to be refreshed
- ‘Doesn’t work’ :/ No documentation regarding usage and when implementing the code (shortcode), it only shows errors. Try several codes but nothing will work…
- There are plenty of free plugins that operate easily. But this one mixes CSS, PHP, and AJAX. Too complex for me to find it. I’d like to receive a refund.
WordPress File Upload Plugin
Upload Files to Your Site From Any Page, Post or Sidebar Easily and Securely
Installing WordPress File Upload will allow users to upload images, posts, videos, audios, and any type of file to your site. WordPress File Upload also provides users with access to all downloaded files from their dashboards and allows them to organize their files.
It is an amazing file upload plug-in that allows you to add file upload buttons to your website. The plugin uses a shortcode, and you can add it to your website’s pages and posts.
As an additional feature, a special widget is also included, which can be added to your sidebar or elsewhere on your website. It displays the most recent uploads on a new dashboard widget.
Furthermore, there is a front-end feature that allows users to select the destination folder from the front-end, which provides them with more control over where files should be uploaded from within the wp-content directory.
💵 The WordPress File Upload is an advanced plugin that is Free.
- Provides multilingual support
- Provides filters and actions to use both before and after a file upload
- Whenever a new file is submitted, email notifications will be sent
- You can view uploaded files directly from your dashboard without leaving WordPress
- Adding Custom fields to capture additional information about file uploads
- Uploading files is restricted based on user roles
- Almost a month of trying to get this to work. It doesn’t upload to the specified path. Support is incredibly unresponsive. I’m asking for a refund.
- Dear plugin author, how on earth could you hardcode the css into wfu_template.php? WHY? Inline css is a very bad practice. Apart from that, thanks for nice plugin. This topic was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by
Drag and Drop Multiple File Upload Plugin
A Simple, Straightforward WordPress Plugin
With Drag and Drop Multiple File Uploader, you can upload multiple files in your Contact Form 7 forms. It adds a new field to the Contact Form 7 also known as CF7 in order to facilitate the uploading of files even to upload File programmatically.
It is possible to allow your visitors to upload multiple files, setting a maximum number of files they can upload. They can drag the files into the upload field, and you can also allow them to drag multiple files into the upload field simultaneously.
Those who require more flexibility can also upgrade to the premium version, which includes a number of additional features, such as the ability to automatically delete files, change the upload folder, enhance performance, and more.
The great thing about this tool is that just like File Upload Types it enables you to set a limit on the amount of files that users can upload, as well as specify the types and sizes of file you accept. You can also allow users to attach files or send links to files.
💵 Versions are available at $29 for Premium and free for Lite.
- Includes uploaded files in email notifications
- File types that can be uploaded may be limited
- Fantastic support and developer team that are always ready
- Several forms can be dragged and dropped at the same time
- Provides users with the option of deleting their uploaded files before submitting the form
- We purchased the PRO version but didn’t receive an invoice. We asked twice for it but never heard back from them
- Good, easy to use, thanks TNX
Checkout Files Upload for WooCommerce Plugin
Lets Your Customers Upload Files On or After WooCommerce Checkout
Checkout Files Upload for WooCommerce enables shoppers to upload files during the checkout process of your WooCommerce store. This is especially helpful for custom-made products.
For example, customers can upload a logo image to be printed on a hat you provide.
The file upload field can be displayed prior to or after the checkout form if you opt to display it on the checkout page. If not, the shopper may wait until they place an order before uploading a file.
If you wait, the file upload field will appear on the gratitude or ‘My Profile’ pages.
There is a free version of the plugin as well as a premium version that includes added features. Included in the premium version are support for multiple file uploads & multiple placement locations. One of the downsides, however, is its price in comparison to similar products.
One of the plugin’s most attractive options is its flexibility. Users can choose the file types that may be accepted as well as the maximum file size that may be uploaded or add custom messages to appear after successful or unsuccessful uploads.
💵 The Lite version is free to download; the Premium version costs money.
- You may limit the file extensions that shoppers can upload or the size of the file
- Configure the field to show/hide in accordance with the product(s) in a customer’s order
- Error messages can be customized
- Does not require coding knowledge and skills
- If you must allow customers to upload files during checkout, this plugin might be very useful.
- From three days ago, the file upload attachment does not show up when placing orders at checkout. The attachment is used to show up when placing orders before. If you put an order and check out, there is a file upload attachment that does not show up in the admin email.
Drag & Drop WordPress Form Builder
WPForms is one of the best WordPress contact form plugins, and it can also be used to create a WordPress file upload form.
The plugin includes support for a wide range of file types and extensions, including images, which makes it an effective photo upload plugin in addition to a contact form plugin.
Depending on your needs, you may choose between two different file upload fields in WordPress. The Modern style field enables visitors to upload files to WordPress by simply dragging and dropping them.
In this form plugin, you are able to accept one or more file uploads on your forms. You do not have to paste any HTML code in order to display the form on your website and you are able to choose whether to store the uploaded files in the Media Library.
When a file is uploaded, a link will appear in the email notification instead of the file itself, to assure that the email can be delivered quickly.
💵 You can get this plugin plus 12 months of support for $39.
- It is possible to add additional fields to any form
- Indicate the maximum file size you will accept for any new forms
- Enables you to accept file uploads and allows you to avoid reloading the page
- Uploading files is as simple as dragging and dropping
You have searched for the best WordPress File Upload plugins, and we have prepared the best plugins. You may hope to improve your website with them, and also, you can use them.
📌 Recommended: We also recommend our articles about the best WordPress themes for bloggers and best WordPress plugins for bloggers.
We hope this post helped you choose a File Upload plugin.
Please submit your questions in the comments section if you want us to elaborate on any of the topics discussed here. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date with our latest articles! Please share this post!
Leave a Reply