Hoping to find a WordPress File Sharing plugin?
It is crucial to have a professional and highly functional website; That's why we hand-picked the best WordPress plugins for File Sharing. With these plugins and their most delicate features, you can select the best fit for your needs. Lastly, we ensured that these plugins were compatible with top WordPress themes.
These Download Manager and File Sharing Portal plugins can be used for File Transfer, Secure File Share, Document Share, PDF Share, Private File Share, and File Management.
Check out our top picks for the top File Sharing WordPress plugins in 2022:
a Files / Documents Management Plugin to Manage, Track and Control File Downloads
With the WordPress Download Manager Plugin, you can manage, track, and control the download of files uploaded to your WordPress website. It may also be used to create an online store where you can sell your digital products.
Plugins like this offer the means of restricting access to particular files based on the user's role. They also give you a great deal of control over files and documents. However, you are not provided with as many options for the front-end interface.
This is an excellent choice if you are trying to track and control access to files and other resources.
Its simple, easy-to-use interface provides features such as password protection, secure file sharing, restricted viewing, and support for multiple domains. It is one of the most frequently updated and popular WordPress plugins for download management.
💵 Download, install, and get lifetime support for FREE.
- Supports file sharing via Google Drive, Dropbox, and OneDrive
- Uploading files is facilitated by dragging and dropping
- You can keep track of all your downloads using the built-in counter
- Bulk uploading of files or documents is possible
- Comes with a built-in document viewer
- You can attach files directly from the file browser on your server
- Downloads can be added as easily as posts
- It does what I need it to do
- A great plugin and excellent support
- It is a great tool for making your files require you to be logged in to view and download them. The customer service is excellent. I received my question answered quickly and the problem was resolved quickly.
File Sharing Plugin for WordPress
Like the WordPress Download Manager plugin, The CM Download Manager provides users with a way to upload, manage, track, and support different documents and media files and makes it easy for users to share them with others.
It integrates with WordPress to create directory listings structures, which users can access and comment on. Users can upload and download files directly from and to your website by using the file-sharing portal.
File sharing via FTP or internal WordPress uploads requires a high level of security and privacy to establish trust. This online file-sharing plugin features a password system that cannot be hacked. It enables all customer files to be protected from hackers.
This plugin takes file management a step further. It allows you to upload any file and get a unique webpage that includes a preview, support forums, and more.
It also provides download notifications, digital download searching, modern file management, and in-text download monitoring for detailed analysis.
💵 The premium version costs $39.
- File extensions can be defined by administrators
- Uses a search engine to filter downloads
- Provides a download counter as well as voting for each download
- Administrators are able to manage downloads based on categories
- Several customization options are available for the templates
- Each download includes the best image preview
- Every download comes with an integrated support forum
- Users can view their downloads on their profile
- When I installed the plugin, I had layout issues with pages overflowing the viewport width. The plugin also has a very old-fashioned look to it which isn't shown on the CM website. It looks like a site from the mid-2000s.
- Dear support team, I would like to thank you for making the plugin work as expected. Thanks a lot for the customization.
Upload, Download Files and Folders Directly From The WordPress Backend
WordPress File Manager is designed to be cross-platform compatible and provide an efficient, flexible, and versatile integrated platform that allows you to streamline and simplify your workflow in so many ways.
Those looking for a solution that meets the needs of their business at an affordable price should consider the File Manager plugin because it provides access to advanced tools.
For example, direct access to files and folders from your backend and dashboard, editing, deleting, copying, pasting, uploading, downloading, and zipping.
This plugin allows the user to easily upload and download files and to even specify what data may be uploaded and what data may be downloaded. It also comes with an Integrated Development Environment (IDE).
The plugin will save you valuable time by removing complicated functions like SFTP. The free version is suitable for most businesses, while the advanced version includes a code editor and syntax checking capabilities.
💵 The plugin comes in a free and a premium version that costs $25.
- Files can be created, archived, and extracted by the administrator
- Shortcodes are provided for non-logged-in users
- Offers drag-and-drop uploading and file transferring capabilities
- Uploads and downloads of certain types of files can be controlled
- A multi-file section is included
- Deleted files may be moved to the trash
- A reliable alternative to SFTP or cPanel
- When I need to delete files from my site and I am using a VPS server, it is very difficult to delete using regular methods. This app helps me by allowing me to install and delete whatever I want. Thanks, Developer Mandeep, for making such a useful app and providing it free of charge for the community.
- I appreciate you providing this helpful software.
- I can save my client's work with this tool.
Most Powerful and User-Friendly File Manager for WordPress
Like the WordPress File Manager plugin mentioned earlier, Advanced File Manager is a popular plugin that offers easy-to-use file management capabilities such as deleting, uploading, downloading, zipping, copying, editing, and many other actions.
This popular extension outperforms both cPanel and FTP.
In addition to the files on your site, you can upload files from the root directory. You can add, modify, rename and archive files. You can also view previews of PDF files before sharing them without having to open them individually.
Using a shortcode, you can allow customers to add their own files to your website, provided they are logged in. This way, registered customers can share their files with you and other site visitors. This shortcode can be added to your website by clicking a specific button.
Unfortunately, some users have reported that the plugin will not load on their website.
💵 The plugin is free to use. There are no subscription fees involved.
- Upload and download files and documents are possible
- Offers private file sharing by hiding the file's actual and real path
- Allows previewing documents and sharing PDF files
- Provides a tool for calculating the directory size
- Drag-and-drop uploading is supported
- An attractive user interface for its clients
- Access to files inside and outside WordPress's root directory
- It works quickly and lets me save time! Thanks!
- Great plugin, the best one I've ever used
- Previously, I used other file managers, but they did not operate perfectly. I finally found Advanced File Manager and am completely satisfied with it.
Provides an Interface for Uploading and Managing Downloadable Files
Download Monitor is designed to assist you in managing your digital downloads on WordPress so that you can grow your audience, track your download performance, and convert more visitors to customers.
Using the plugin, you can manage all your posts and pages on your website. It allows you to easily embed download links on any page or post. It is a Gutenberg-compatible plugin, so you can easily add, edit and remove downloads because they are treated as content.
The Download Monitor plugin includes sophisticated reporting tools so that you can access your download records anytime. You can also get an instant overview of your top downloads, including the most popular download in your store and a detailed analysis of your daily download numbers.
💵 The Premium version is priced $69, whereas the Lite version is free.
- You can use shortcodes to display links
- You can monitor the number of downloads
- Displays pretty download links through customizable endpoints
- Alternative links may be added to each download version
- Adding multiple versions of downloads with their download counts and links
- You can limit access to downloads to members only
- I've discovered my new favorite plugin! It's easy to use, 100% effective, and simple to install.
- Using only the free version. Clunky, and lots of nagging pop-ups. When I click on the don't allow button for the data collection, I receive a Link expired message. Not worth the headache. Deactivated and deleted the plugin.
Easy Download Manager and File Sharing Plugin with Frontend File Upload
The Shared Files for WordPress plugin enables visitors with access to your website or blog to download the files that you've shared. Once the files are uploaded in the WordPress admin area, you add a shortcode to make them available to visitors.
Additionally, you can organize the files that you want people to download and create a list or group them into categories to make it easier for them to see. There are several premium features, such as limited bandwidth usage, file sorting, and customizable layout settings.
The plugin also provides priority customer support and a password protection system. This will ensure that your files are always safe and that if anything goes wrong, you will have immediate assistance.
It seems to have a simple and elegant user interface that is extremely user-friendly, and most of the settings can be set automatically upon installation, which means that you usually do not need to do anything.
💵 The Premium version costs $59.88 and the Lite version is free.
- A notification is sent to the administrator when a file is downloaded
- Files can be shared from cloud storage sources such as Google Drive and Dropbox
- Allows you to track downloads and find the top-performing ones
- File sorting and file loading counters are among the advanced features
- WordPress posts can include a single file using shortcodes
- This plugin saved me hours of coding
- Easy to install and use
- In order for photo subjects to:
Upload Files to Your Site From Any Page, Post or Sidebar Easily and Securely
The WordPress File Upload plugin is our final selection on this list. With this plugin, you are able to add any supported file to your website through an automatically generated shortcode. Once your site visitors log in, they can upload files from their accounts.
As an option, you can also add custom fields to provide additional information along with the uploaded file. If your browser is capable of doing so, you can upload images or videos from your webcam.
With this plugin, the posts and pages are displayed in separate areas of the WordPress dashboard, with their own navigation menus. An in-built file browser is also provided, allowing you to access the files that have been submitted by visitors.
In addition, it is also possible to use it as a simple contact form or another type of form for data submission without providing a file.
In addition to the form fields that are built into this plugin, you can also add checkboxes and drop-downs. Once these fields have been filled out, the user has the option of being automatically redirected to another website.
💵This plugin is available for free.
- Complies with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Both FTP and SFTP protocols are supported
- You can capture and upload screenshots and videos from the device's camera
- You may add uploaded files to Media or attach them to the current page
- Files can be uploaded directly to an FTP server
- You can embed it in posts, pages, and sidebars as a widget
- Uses HTML5 technologies, but also works with older browsers and mobile phones
- I am wondering how on earth you could hardcode the CSS into wfu_template.php? Why would you do this? Inline CSS is a very bad practice.
- Doesn't work. I add the shortcode to the page, then test it. Click on the file upload button, choose the file I want to upload, then click ‘Open’. Takes me back to the main page with nothing there. It doesn't show the file I choose. Can't upload.
We have reviewed the best File Sharing plugins in this article. You can choose the one that suits you best, and use it to improve your website.
📌 Note: We strongly suggest checking our list of expertly selected modern WordPress hosting providers to enhance your website's performance. You may also wish to consult our list of modern WordPress security plugins to enhance your website's security.
We hope this article was helpful.