What is the best Archive WordPress plugin for your website?
We have collected a list of the top WordPress plugins for Archive to save you time and effort. All of these WordPress plugins are mobile-friendly and load fast. They will also work great with any of the best WordPress themes.
Plugins I designed exclusively for Archive sites. What if you're looking for an Archive plugin, but it's not the exact one? Furthermore, these plugins work with Edit WordPress Archive Page, WordPress Yearly Archive, and WordPress Archive Filter Plugin.
The following are our top picks for the best WordPress Archive plugins in 2022:
Allows You to Display Your Archives in a Year-based List
The Simple Yearly Archive plugin displays archived posts from your blog for the last year. It is a highly efficient yet simple tool for displaying archived content.
On the options page, you can select various options for formatting dates and specify whether or not to display comments or categories. You can also choose whether or not to display an excerpt and thumbnail for each post.
This plugin allows you to view all blog posts in one long list, with the option of displaying them chronologically or in reverse chronological order, based on your preferences.
In addition, visitors can jump directly to an individual year from the navigation menu on the left-hand side of the page, which displays the years in which posts were published.
It is a helpful plugin for displaying an archive of your older posts; if you require one, it will serve your purposes. Unfortunately, there is no support for pages or other custom post types; it only displays archives for posts that have not been published.
💵 You can start using this plugin for Free.
- You can limit the output of information to particular categories
- You can display all published posts separated by their year of publication
- You can display the archive on any page or post using shortcodes
- You can view your archive collections as a WordPress yearly archive
- This plugin looks wonderful, it's customizable, and its output is beautiful!
- Do you know that feeling when you find just the right plugin, the one that does things exactly as you wanted? This one did it for me. Thanks!
Make Archive Page Easily With Full Customize
Like Simple Yearly Archive, using the Archive Page plugin, you can create archive pages quickly and easily using shortcodes, making it an invaluable tool for archiving content on your WordPress site.
The plugin displays and navigates the content using eight shortcodes, including daily archives of blog entries, monthly archives, and annual archives, plus the most recent blog entries, categories, tags, and authors.
In addition, you can display a shortcode that shows all of the documents available on your site. Unfortunately, you cannot modify the output of shortcodes by altering any of the four shortcode attributes for this plugin; however, you can edit the output of shortcodes on the shortcode tab.
You can format all of the items in the list using shortcodes, which allow you to provide a heading, specify the list type, and add a custom title for each item in the list. You may wish to look at it if you require a solution to your problem that is simple and elegant.
💵 Please take a look at this free WordPress plugin.
- There are only 8 locations that can use shortcodes
- The creation of an archive page is a simple process in a matter of minutes
- You can display blog posts in a variety of ways
- All languages are supported
- Would be good if in the future I could drop down tags/categories…
Custom Archive Templates
In addition to being one of the most versatile WordPress archive filter plugins available on the market today, Archivist also allows you to modify the archive template that displays content for your archive pages.
You can insert several archive template tags into either the body or the header of your archive page. Your archive page can also be styled using the CSS stylesheet and you can easily edit the WordPress archive page.
It is expected that the default display in Archivist will include thumbnails, title, author, category, and publication date. The design of this plugin is appealing, but what really makes it unique is the ability to select the template tags and custom fields that you wish to display.
In addition, you can create as many templates as you wish and draw attention to them on the different pages of your website as you see fit.
Using this plugin, your archive page is entirely your decision. You may exclude any content that you do not desire to appear there if you so choose.
💵 There is no charge for the Archivist plugin!
- Provides asynchronous pagination as its primary function
- It is possible to exploit every parameter, or combination of parameters, to your advantage
- You may add templates to the website if you wish
- Pagination controls are provided at the top and the bottom of the archive page
- The plugin is great. It is simple to use, yet powerful. You can make templates for any purpose… It is indispensable to me.
- If you use the built-in post type, this plugin is nice, but it doesn't work for custom post types.
Improves On The Default WordPress Archive Shortcode and Sidebar Widget
Like Archive Page, using the Annual Archive plugin, you can view historical archives of your archived blog posts. You can view the posts by day, week, month, year, or alphabetically by title.
Suppose you go to the settings page for your site. In that case, there is a field where you can enter custom CSS for your archives. Still, you will most likely make the majority of your modifications within your shortcode by using the shortcode attributes.
By using this plugin, lists may be tailored to meet specific needs by setting the display format and the text that appears before or after each item.
Annual Archive Pro supports custom date formats in addition to displaying archives according to post types, categories, or subcategories.
Several options are available for archives, but for those who wish to display their posts, this is a superb option. The enhanced version also allows for the addition of custom post types.
💵 Pro and Free versions are available. The pro version costs $27.
- The lists can be sorted by decade, and you can filter them to find posts of particular types
- It is optional to use a shortcode to create archive lists and can be placed anywhere in the sidebar or within a shortcode
- You can view the archives daily, weekly, monthly, or annual basis
- Improves the default WordPress archive page shortcode and sidebar
- This plugin works perfectly well. Thanks for developing it.
- It was just what I needed (archive title syncing with custom decade strings) and Baden, who makes it, was super helpful. Highly recommended!
In a nutshell
We discussed the best WordPress Archive plugins in the end. Choose a plugin and fine-tune your site. These plugins are great.
📌 Note: Additionally, you may find our list of top WordPress security plugins useful for enhancing the security of your website. We also recommend that you take a look at our expertly selected WordPress hosting providers.
Thanks for reading. We hope it was helpful.