Are you looking for the best WordPress Community plugins?
In this text, you'll discover some of the best WordPress plugins for Community you can find, some of which can be applied to particular situations. These plugins are rich in features and support all of the advanced WordPress themes.
While we chose the best plugins for the Community, you can also use them for Business Networking, Community Building, Online Communities, Social Communities, and Social Networks.
Let's find the wonderful plugin for Community in 2022:
a Simple Online Community Plugin
Using the BuddyPress plugin, you can build a social community on your website, a forum, and a social network, as well as an online community for your social media pages.
In addition, it can also integrate with other WordPress plugins, such as the BuddyPress Docs and GamiPress plugins. It is also possible to incorporate several features into your site to make the experience even more convenient for your visitors.
Individuals can use similar social networking features by creating or updating profiles and participating in other activities relevant to their interests. A user has the option of creating a blog as well as participating in a forum.
The Academic Commons effectively uses BuddyPress because it simplifies the process of interacting with a community. It is an educational organization emphasizing the exchange of ideas and knowledge and promoting freedom of expression.
💵 Free! You will be able to use this plugin without paying a penny.
- A user may create a group or join an existing one
- You can add features such as private messaging for greater engagement
- You do not need advanced technical skills to install and use the plugin
- Forums allow users to create threads to encourage interactive discussion
- You can offer email notifications to your users
- It is missing most privacy tools for members, though 🙁
- It's a great addition to any community-based website. Since it's FSE compatible, you can design a community website with a theme that utilizes FSE.
a BuddyPress Community & WordPress User
With Youzify, you will have access to Messages, Friends, Friends of Friends, various other tabs on your profile, and several other categories.
Also, the profile tabs have been designed to be customizable, including their title, visibility, and order of appearance. However, it is essential to note that this plugin must be installed in conjunction with BuddyPress to allow full functionality.
Furthermore, it provides a host of features to help you create an influential community on your websites, such as activity streams and user activity, such as posts, comments, or registrations.
Like BuddyPress, this plugin provides more than private messaging; it also provides follow and unfollow options, mentions, likes, a directory of members, groups, etc.
Furthermore, it is possible to add a list of forbidden words to your community website by installing this plugin.
Unfortunately, this plugin must be installed along with BuddyPress to function correctly.
💵 In addition to updates, this plugin gives you 12 months of free support. It costs $40.
- Visitors, members, and roles can be redirected to custom pages
- Provides the ability to set prohibited words for your community website
- Allows the creation of a variety of groups, such as public, private, and secret
- A maximum restriction and minimum requirement can be set for activity posts and comments
- You can specify the number of attachments and the size of files
- This plugin has great support.
- I enjoy Youzify, highly recommended!
- Thank you, very helpful 🙂
a Powerful and User-friendly WordPress Forum Plugin
With easy-to-use and powerful features, bbPress for WordPress is the ideal community forum plugin. This plugin is excellent for creating forums like those found on WordPress.org's support pages.
In this case, the WordPress support forums on WordPress.org may interest you, so please take a moment to browse. For your users to interact on a forum similar to your WordPress website, you must first download and install the bbPress plugin.
Additionally, this plugin can provide an easy-to-use experience when developing a website because it is integrated with any theme designed with WordPress.
Like Youzify, with this plugin, you can import settings from one website to another effortlessly since it is compatible with multisite. Several popular online forums use this platform.
Additionally, there are hundreds of extensions included that allow users to customize advanced features such as GD bbPress Attachments, bbPress Notify, etc.
💵 For FREE, you can download it and install it.
- Excellent performance from a lightweight package is available
- Provides a mechanism for users to report inappropriate content
- Groups can be created, and roles can be assigned to users
- It is possible to develop site-wide and group discussion forums on your website
- Provides the ability to sort comments and replies in a blog or post
- After using other forums software, especially having deployed other forums software, you will quickly realize that bbpress is a very basic, and clunky plugin. Many of the features customers would expect to find in forums software aren't present, or if they are, they are awkward to use.
One of The Most Trusted Community-building Plugins
BuddyBoss is one of the most widely used WordPress community-building plugins. Using it, you can easily create your own community platform, bringing freedom, flexibility, and control to your online community.
It can also be used to sell online courses, conduct corporate training, manage online classes, and for various other functions.
Additionally, the plugin offers several mobile-friendly features. iOS and Android native apps are synchronized in real-time with the plugin.
You may also send users to push notifications regarding their feeds, friends requests, and other valuable features. There are several sites powered by BuddyBoss, including Easyoutsource, Voting 20, and Free Grafton.
Unfortunately, there is no free version of this plugin.
💵 At $228, you'll get the plugin with 12 months of support and updates.
- Supports multiple languages and RTL capabilities
- Allows you to integrate an eCommerce model and charge membership and subscription fees
- You can enhance the engagement of your website by adding rewards, rankings, achievements, and points
- You may create discussion forums to enhance engagement
- Private messages can be sent between individuals and groups on your website
One of The Best WordPress Dating Plugin
The WP Dating plugin is one of the best options for dating websites that use WordPress as a backbone.
Premium add-ons can easily be integrated into your community website to enhance its appearance. In the following list are three examples that come to mind: Auto Login and Reset Password Add-On, Admin Message Reply Add-On, etc.
Several features are available in the plugin, such as a basic search, so group members can locate one another based on location, distance, and other factors.
It is possible to extend the basic search by including drop-down questions in your profile for advanced searches. Also, search results and names can be saved as favorites so members can return to them later for a more convenient search.
Furthermore, users may click on a member's profile to indicate whether they have approached that individual.
💵 The price of this excellent and completely documented plugin is only $149.
- Every user has the option of adding other users as friends
- You can allow your website users to locate other members based on their geographical location
- A user's profile can also be updated with their daily status
- You can enable your members to upload photos, galleries, audio files, and videos
a Premium Community WordPress Plugin
UserPro is a premium WordPress plugin that allows users to manage their profiles and communities. Using this plugin, you can create a beautiful, user-friendly community site and a user profile on the front end.
Furthermore, the plugin complies with the General Data Protection Regulation, allowing users to fully control their personal information and data.
Several other features are included with the plugin, such as social connections, integration, viral marketing, and badge display. It is also possible to add the possibility for members to follow or unfollow others in the community.
In addition, you can also keep track of what your friends are doing through the social activity stream. Using this plugin, you can gain insight into all activities in which members of your site are participating, such as postings, comments, registrations, etc.
💵 Plugin named UserPro from a professional author. It costs $51.
- A registration form can be incorporated anywhere on your website
- Full pages and posts may be restricted based on the user's role or if the user is verified
- Provides users with the ability to publish their posts directly from the front-end of your website
- You can choose whether to display members as tables or as a college, depending on your preference
- There is an easy way to enable a members directory with standard search and filter capabilities
- The plugin is perfect for online communities. It is one of the most complete in terms of features that I found after extensive research. I was able to customize it to meet different requirements. Customer service has been extremely helpful each time I had questions or issues. I highly recommend it for online communities.
One of The Most Downloaded Community Plugins
The Ultimate Member plugin, one of WordPress's most popular community plugins, allows users to create their own communities. The plugin is straightforward to integrate into your website and does not present any difficulties.
Additionally, you can create virtually any type of community or membership website you can think of. Using this plugin, you can implement a wide range of business networking functions on your website.
Furthermore, users can create public posts to interact with each other's postings. In addition, users can create groups to discuss topics related to their common interests.
Finally, it is possible to extend the subscription functionality of your website by using the subscription plugin in conjunction with WooCommerce.
💵 There is a free version included with the premium version of this plugin that costs $249.
- Members can comment on the author's posts
- Members may communicate with one another via private messages
- Private content can be made accessible only to logged-in users
- A lightweight and scalable framework is available
- A very useful plugin for the development of a matrimonial website. It works perfectly. The login, register, and the rest of the pages are just fantastic. The search shortcode for members works well. I would appreciate more customization for the search shortcode. Thanks for your time and hard work.
a Simple and Lightweight WordPress Forum Plugin
The wpForo Forum plugin allows users to create free forums on the WordPress platform. It is designed to be simple and lightweight.
It is possible to create and maintain community portals using this plugin. You can perform many unique and exciting tasks with this plugin.
Furthermore, the plugin has translation-ready features, which enable you to easily create multilingual websites.
By implementing this plugin on your website, your members will be able to have a broader demographic profile. There are currently 16 languages supported by the plugin, including Chinese, Spanish, Japanese, and Thai.
Finally, live notifications of interactions between members' accounts will be sent to the member's accounts.
Unfortunately, it is impossible to list blog entries only available to logged-in users on the home page.
💵 The $25 Premium version is included in both the Free and Lite versions.
- A built-in forum for sitemaps and search engine optimization is available
- A rating system and badges can be implemented for the members
- A drag-and-drop forum management system is included
- Four different designs and layouts are available
- You have created a very complete plugin despite offering it as a free version. There are a few plugins left on the plugin directory that provide this kind of service. Please keep at it!
a Popular Plugin Focusing On The Community Networks
You may also want to check out the Wise Chat plugin, which allows you to build social networks and communities. Apart from this, the plugin is simple to use and configure. Moreover, the plugin is fully responsive, meaning it can be accessed by any device.
As well as creating their own chat channels through which they can communicate with each other, users can also create their own rooms.
Users have unlimited opportunities to create and participate in multiple channels. The channels can be displayed separately or together on a single screen.
Furthermore, the plugin includes a private chat feature that users can access. Moreover, you can develop a message deletion function for messages older than a predetermined period.
💵 Version Pro costs $60 and the Lite version is free.
- Logging into Facebook and Twitter can help you increase user reach
- You may choose from one of 24 different notification sounds
- A private message can be left for offline members
- An admin may ban any IP-based user who violates the platform's terms of service
- It's a great plug-in, and easy to set up and use. Both the front and rear ends are aesthetically pleasing.
- My thanks for this awesome chat plugin and the great support I received when I integrated the chat in WPForo.
An overview of what we discussed
We have reviewed some of the best WordPress plugins for improving your Community website. But, these plugins improve any website.
We hope you found this list of Community plugins useful.