Are you seeking the best WordPress plugin for staging?
We will save you a lot of time by helping you select the best WordPress plugins for Staging. These plugins are thoroughly evaluated and chosen to help you pick the best plugin for your site. In addition, we ensure that all plugins work well with the latest WordPress themes.
We have compiled the following wide selection of Staging plugins to help you choose the best candidate. These plugins can also be used for Staging To Live, Cloning & Migration, Backup Duplicator & Migration, Test Driving Site Updates, Create A Test Site, Create A Staging Site, Multisite Installations, Staging Management, and Migration Plugin.
Now let’s take a look at the best Staging WordPress plugins of 2022:
WP STAGING Plugin
Backup Duplicator & Migration
WP Staging allows you to obtain an exact copy of your entire site in minutes. This copy can be produced regardless of whether your site is hosted on a robust server or not.
Many WordPress sites use the WP Staging plugin, so it is worth looking at. It is a cloning plugin that copies over your entire website into a subfolder or subdomain (Pro) within your main WordPress installation and copies over your database.
This plugin searches for and replaces all serialized links and paths in the background, allowing you to save a great deal of time and energy.
It is possible to clone your website even if it is hosted on an insecure shared hosting server by the staging and backup plugins.
To push your new site, you would require their ‘pro’ version once the site was created using this staging plugin.
💵 Both the Lite and Premium versions are available for free and at a $89.
- Your site’s data belongs exclusively to you and is stored on your server
- You will not need any additional accounts to run your site
- Compatibility with most major server platforms, such as Apache, NGINX, and Microsoft IIS
- A subfolder is created, and the whole production site is cloned
- Can be used to clone WordPress multisite installations
- Using Create New Staging Site button, you can quickly create a new clone of the existing site
- The plugin is awesome! Efficient and comfortable! This topic was modified 2 hours, 2 minutes ago by
- A staging page was having issues after a recent update. We received good and friendly assistance very quickly! Thank you! Highly recommended!
WordPress Backup Plugin – Migration, Staging, And Backups
Many WordPress sites use the Blogvault plugin, making it one of the most widely used backup plugins for WordPress. More than 450k websites have been actively using the plugin.
Among the best features of this plugin are its free cloud storage option and its free staging environment.
In addition, like WP STAGING, the BlogVault plugin also regularly backs up your entire WordPress site, including files, themes, and images.
Compared with manual backups, BlogVault enables you to make backups of WordPress databases and files much safer and faster.
The plugin provides all the tools needed to manage and maintain multiple WordPress sites, so it is the perfect choice for developers.
💵 A Premium version of this plugin will cost you $89, whereas the Lite version will not.
- You can contact the customer support staff if you encounter any difficulty
- You only need to install and activate the plugin, and you’re good to go
- Your website will not be slowed down
- You can seamlessly manage both the live and staging websites with a single dashboard
- Staging sites can be easily customized to match your specifications without affecting any aspects of the live site
- Thank you for this really useful plugin. Plus, your support is so efficient and fast.
WP Time Capsule Plugin
A Backup and Staging Plugin
Like BlogVault, WP Time Capsule is a backup and staging plugin designed to help business owners, eCommerce stores, and agencies. With this plugin, backup files can be saved on the cloud.
Thanks to this plugin, you can prevent your blog from losing the fun of blogging by automatically backing up the files and database entries that have been modified.
It uses the cloud apps’ native file versioning system to detect changes and back up only those files and entries.
With a single-click staging environment, it is easy to test-drive any changes you want to make to your site and make full changes with a one-click versioning approach.
This plugin can be configured to back up your website automatically before each update; if an update damages your website, you can restore the changes with a single click.
💵 Free Lite and $49 Premium versions are available.
- Rather than including all data from your entire site, include only selected files and database tables
- Your DB backups can be encrypted for additional security
- Take a real-time backup of your site and restore it to the previous state if required
- A backup is automatically created before every update. In addition, a restoration can be completed
- Simple test driving site updates and other changes and updates can be made to staging management with one click
- I wish every developer’s support was as good as theirs is. They answer questions quickly, they don’t ask dumb questions, they don’t have control over anyone’s host’s setup, data corruption, or plugin conflicts. The only bad reviews are mostly from support requests made in the wrong place or communication issues.
A WordPress Migration Plugin
The Duplicator plugin allows you to create a staging site and duplicate a live website simultaneously.
Additionally, you can ensure that your website’s content will not be interrupted upon duplication, so you can pick up exactly where you left off without interruption.
Duplicator has been downloaded more than 25 million times, proving its success in getting WordPress users to migrate, copy, move, and clone sites from one location to another, backup their sites and make regular backups.
This plugin can perform WordPress backups and standard migrations and perform zero-downtime migrations.
In addition, serialized and base64 serialized replacements can be handled by the plugin. Unfortunately, sometimes, new versions aren’t accepting correct admin logins.
💵 It is free to use but charges a fee to upgrade to the Pro version. It costs $69.
- Contains migrations, clonings, and cloud storage options, such as Dropbox and Google Drive account
- Access your stage site through cPanel and make changes without switching to your web hosting account
- Multi-threading functionality allows working with large databases and websites
- Each customer is provided with professional support
- Notifications are available via email
- I have used it for manual backups and migrations and it has been working well.*br
- This plugin is essential to my site backups. It works well. THANKS!
All-in-One WP Migration Plugin
For Moving Websites With Absolute Ease
In addition to being a migration plugin, All-in-one WP Migration also serves as a staging site generator. It contains several useful features, including the ability to export the database.
In 2013, All-in-One WP Migration was introduced as a migration plugin for WordPress. This plugin is being used by many of the most trusted users of WordPress today.
More than 60 million websites have downloaded and used this plugin, making it the most popular migration software.
All-in-One WP Migration has been designed to be user-friendly, allowing non-technical users to migrate their websites to WordPress without requiring any programming knowledge.
💵 A Free version of this plugin is also available. This plugin is priced for a Premium version and It costs $69.
- Excellent support in the event you encounter complex issues
- Most web hosting companies support the plugin
- The premium version includes premium support in the event you need assistance
- Does not require any PHP extensions and is compatible with all versions of PHP starting from 5.2
- On WordPress versions 3.3 and above, it provides a truly mobile experience
- In addition to the files, you can export the database as well
- It was and still is the best plugin when moving one site over to another. Thanks for the great work.
- You should never use this plugin. Always backup manually. Otherwise, you will lose all your files forever. There is a high possibility the files will become corrupt and you will lose them.
A Migration, Backup, Staging Plugin
A major feature of the WPvivid Backup Plugin is the ability to create backups, migrate your blog, and create a staging site. The plugin will also remove old images from your blog, thus significantly speeding up its performance.
This plugin provides the capability of creating a staging site in a subdirectory where you can test new WordPress releases, plugins, themes, and more.
Along with cloning and migrating your WordPress website to a new host (new domain), scheduling backups, sending backups to trusted remote storage providers, and removing old images before backups and migrations, you can also perform regular backups and migrations.
WPvivid Backup Free and Pro also provide you with managing all your child sites from the MainWP dashboard.
💵 In the premium version, the WPvivid plugin charges a $49, while the Lite version is free.
- Make staging available for WordPress multisite
- Encrypts data during cloning & migration of the website
- You can choose to back up your entire site (database and files), all your files, or just your database
- You can create a staging site
- Create a staging site and push the staging live to your live site effortlessly
- WordPress backup for multisite installations
- Schedule daily backup to Dropbox, Google Drive, and so on. On-the-Go Backup to back up the whole website (files only, database only, or files + database) prior to doing something tricky. It’s foolproof – I can attest to that from experience.
- It has been a pleasure using the program for the first time. Both backups and restores worked perfectly. Highly recommended
WP Synchro Plugin
WordPress Migration Plugin DB & Files
The WP Synchro plugin automates the laborious process of maintaining two sites in sync, such as keeping a local development site and a production site in sync or maintaining a staging site in sync with a live site.
In addition, WP Synchro was developed by WordPress developers for other WordPress developers. One of its most impressive features is that it allows your staging to live site to remain in sync with your production site.
Managing synchronization between a local development site and a production site or between a staging site and a production site is a good example of the type of task WP Synchro is capable of.
Furthermore, data can be streamed from your local environment for development or staging to your production environment.
💵 The premium version of this plugin costs $8 / Month, while the free version is zero dollars.
- High level of security is involved with no other site or server, and all data is encrypted during transmission.
- Alternatively, you can move only the selected database tables or all of them
- Databases can be pulled or pushed from one website to another
- You can install the plugin only once and run it multiple times
- A database backup duplicator & migration can be conducted before migration
- You can create a test site
- I was able to set this up on another slow server as a WordPress backup and it’s working well. It shows statistics as it syncs. I will edit the URL links to match what I see. Setting this up would get a block error. In the end, I found out need to edit everything in /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default.conf to work.
WP Stagecoach Plugin
Uses A Database Merge Feature To Push Your Changes To Your Live Site
The WP Stagecoach plugin does not overwrite the database during the import process. Instead, all the changes made during import are propagated to the live site via a database merge.
If you do this, the changes you make to your live website (such as subscriber registrations and form submissions) will be retained when you update your live website or folder with content from the staging site.
WP Stagecoach can be beneficial, especially for blogs or WooCommerce stores constantly updating their content.
With WP StageCoach, you can easily set up a staging site for WordPress. Once your staging site is set up, you will be able to quickly ‘push to live’ all (or some) of your custom changes with just one click.
💵 The WP Stagecoach plugin price is a product that is equipped with: All Features, 12 months of support, All powered by plugins, and 1 year of updates. It costs $99.
- The file is imported in chunks, making it suitable for slow servers
- Having your staging site link to your live site can shorten the migration process
- Suitable for large websites and sites with multiple pages
- Access to staging copies is password-protected
- The link can allow you to return to your original site if things go wrong
Probably, you’ve already gotten an idea of what plugin you’re looking for. After a few hours, you may have a fantastic website using these plugins.
📌 Note: We suggest you check out our articles on the best WordPress blog themes and best WordPress plugins for bloggers.
Thank you for your time. I hope you found this helpful.
Let us know if you recommend an exclusive plugin in the comments below. We encourage you to share this article on Twitter and Facebook.
Leave a Reply