Looking for the best WordPress plugins for Google Font sites?
The plugins listed here are some of the best WordPress plugins you can find on the internet for the Google Font. They all come with out-of-the-box features and preferences and can be used with all the advanced WordPress themes.
We chose the plugins that were best integrated with Google Fonts. However, we also listed plugins associated with Add Fonts to WordPress and Typography Plugin usage.
The best Google Font WordPress plugins in 2022 are:
A Simple Way to Add Custom Google Fonts
Many themes come preloaded with Google Fonts, meaning you can choose from a wide range of font styles. Some themes, however, do not come with Google Fonts. You may use the Easy Google Fonts plugin if your theme does not have Google Fonts.
Installing a plugin on your server is the easiest and most popular method of integrating Google Fonts into your website. This plugin installs automatically and gives you access to hundreds of fonts that can be used anywhere on your website.
Additionally, this plugin integrates with the WordPress Customizer plugin to allow you to preview how fonts will appear on your website before they are published.
This plugin will not interfere with or modify any of the files in your current theme. This will ensure that updating your theme will not affect the settings for Google Fonts.
💵 Free lifetime updates are included with this plugin.
- Prepared for translation
- Suitable for all WordPress themes
- There are over 600 Google fonts available
- Automatic background updates are available
- A live customizer preview is available
- As someone new to WordPress, this plug-in was easy to use and allowed me to change fonts without a problem. The support also provided a CSS selector (I don't understand CSS…) to change the navigation font. Thanks for this awesome plugin!
Google Fonts Typography for WordPress
You may wish to consider the Fonts plugin, which operates in a similar manner to Easy Google Fonts. With the help of the plugin, you will be able to use Google Fonts without changing the theme of your website and add Google fonts to WordPress.
The Customizer plugin can be used in conjunction with this plugin in order to experiment with font settings prior to publication.
Additionally, this plugin is capable of integrating Adobe Fonts. This plugin supports Adobe's font library, and you can also incorporate those fonts into your content.
In order to make your designs stand out, you can purchase the premium version of this plugin so that you may customize a number of aspects such as font size, color, line height, and letter spacing.
When using the Pro version, it is possible to host Google Fonts locally. This removes the need for third-party scripts that preload and upload custom fonts.
💵 A Pro version costs $29, and a Lite version are free.
- All WordPress themes are compatible
- Hosts Google Fonts on a local server
- Adobe fonts integration is provided
- Compatible with SSL and HTTPS
- You can upload custom fonts
- A better way to choose fonts, such as by style (serif, sans-serif) or language (en-us), would be friendly. But I have hope; this is a well-maintained plugin.
GDPR Compliant, Faster Google Fonts
Using the OMGF plugin will significantly reduce the time and energy required to access and load Google Fonts, improving your pages' performance and keeping your visitors engaged for longer.
You can identify Google's font library requests from your website using this plugin that scans your website files for requests made to Google's API for fonts.
For Google Fonts to be installed on your web server, you will need this Google Fonts plugin. This plugin redirects requests and copies the fonts to your server. You will then receive code corresponding to the fonts that you are using.
With this typography plugin, when the content on your website is loaded directly from your server, you will see that your website performs better and that Google will not be able to collect information concerning how visitors use Google Fonts.
💵 There is a Premium and Lite versions of the OMGF plugin. The Premium version costs $19 and the Lite version is free.
- There is a possibility of eliminating resource hints
- It is possible to remove subsets that have not been used
- A variety of fonts are supported
- System fonts can replace font families
- Support is provided for material icons
- Ideally, Bricks Builder should be supported with the pro version at least.
- Thanks for developing. It works great.
Makes Optimizing Your Site Really Easy
The Autoptimize plugin offers several optimization features, including the ability to improve the loading of Google Fonts within your website.
By loading Google Fonts early in the loading process, a rendering-blocking CSS file causes the web browser to process them before any other visible elements on the page, resulting in a long loading time.
To resolve this issue, this plugin offers two options. The first option is to enable asynchronous loading, which delays Google font loading until the end of the loading stack. The fonts will load after the other elements on your page, which may lead to a faster loading time.
It is better to use the second option where all the Google Fonts are loaded at once at the beginning of your page load, thereby eliminating the flash of unstyled text caused by the first method.
💵 Pro version is $145, while Lite version is free.
- There is an option to remove WordPress's core emojis
- Provides an easy way to optimize your website
- Moves scripts to the footer and minimizes HTML code
- A wide range of APIs is available
- Scripts and styles can be aggregated, minified, and cached
- A smart plugin needs a competent team and exemplary support. All this is guaranteed with this plugin and team. Five out of five! (PS: I am not being paid for this review, but I would be happy to pay for it).
Improve Frontend Performance By Disabling Google Fonts
There may be themes in the WordPress plugin repository with Google Fonts integrations that users do not intend to use. If this is the case, you can remove this integration with the Disable and Remove Google Fonts plugin.
With this plugin, you can speed up the loading time of your website and ensure compliance with GDPR rules. There is a guarantee that the plugin will work with your theme; if it does not, the developers are willing to assist you.
If Google Fonts references are removed from your website, the page will load more quickly, and you will remain in compliance with GDPR and DSGVO rules.
Also, the plugin disables any calls to Google Fonts made by page builders, such as Elementor and Beaver Builder, when using Google Fonts.
💵 This app has all the features and functions described above and is free!
- Removes the Google Fonts loaded by various plugins
- Optimizes the performance of the front-end by disabling Google Fonts
- Enhances loading speeds and ensures compliance with the GDPR
- All WordPress themes are supported
- As you said, the page loads much faster now that the fonts are supposed to be supplied by the browser and the system locally! Great work!
Lastly, let's conclude
We discussed these plugins and explained why they are incredible. They can help you improve your site.
📌 Note: To increase the visibility and performance of your website, you should consider using one of the WordPress caching plugins that we recommend in conjunction with checking out our collection of carefully curated WordPress hosting services.
We hope we have helped you construct a confident choice by that choice.