Are you searching for the best WordPress online classes? Are you a beginner? Expert?
We are glad you're here!
The following is a list of the top WordPress courses on the web, ranging from beginner to advanced. These classes are both free and paid, and suitable for all levels!
WordPress courses are often the best way to learn since they include visual and audio elements that make it easier to remember what you have learned. Additionally to documentation, many online courses have files you can download and use on your own site.
The following are the top 9 WordPress courses that will help you master WordPress, even if you are a beginner:
Complete WordPress Online Training Course
Since its creation in 2008, WP101 has become one of the most popular video tutorials for beginners that are interested in WordPress.
More than 3 million people have learned about WordPress using WP101. Several courses are available, and they have step-by-step videos that make it easy to follow along.
The WordPress 101 training is set up as a series of videos that only take about 90 minutes to complete. This tutorial walks you through the dashboard, tells you about posts and pages, and shows you how to start creating content. The course will also cover customizing a theme, using widgets, and installing plugins.
It is highly recommended by top WordPress professionals. Companies such as Bluehost and Namecheap (WordPress hostings and domain name providers) have used the training videos to train their employees about WordPress.
The course is highly recommended if you are new to WordPress and want an overview of what it is all about.
The member forum will also provide you with assistance in addition to the courses. Any questions you have about WordPress can be directed to Shawn (founder).
You can access the courses by subscribing to WP101, which costs $19 per month, $49 per year, and $89 per lifetime.
- WordPress 101 Course: Learn how to install WordPress, use the Gutenberg Editor, and customize your site
- WordPress 101 Classic: This separate course is for beginners who don't want to use the Gutenberg editor
- WooCommerce QuickStart: Learn how to set up your online store with WooCommerce. This video tutorial will explain how to add products to sell
- Woocommerce 101: How to run your business successfully and introduce new sales techniques, including coupons
- A high-quality video guide
- Updates frequently, so all materials are always current. This eliminates WordPress compatibility issues
Learn WordPress step by step
This course, taught by Skillshare WordPress Academy, over eight hours of video training is arranged into 84 lessons.
In these 84 lessons, you're going to learn about the following topics:
– The leading place to find the best WordPress themes
– About backing up your site
– Improving WordPress SEO
– The PHP language
– Working with WordPress Multisite
– Working with popular WordPress page builders
By covering how WordPress themes are created, students will be introduced to more advanced WordPress concepts.
You must be a member of Skillshare to access the course. When you sign up for Skillshare, you can get a free trial for 7 days. Membership costs $32 per month, $168 per year.
- You will learn the basics before moving on to more advanced topics
- The tutorials cover a wide range of topics
- Skills for going freelance or looking for jobs in this field
- Try it for 7 days for free
- Apply the concepts you learn by completing class projects
The Complete WordPress Website Business Course
This course is offered through the Udemy online learning platform. In this tutorial, you will learn everything the beginner needs to get started with WordPress without learning any code.
From beginner to master of WordPress, this course provides everything you need to know. In real-world scenarios, students will learn from experienced professionals who know what to do with the WordPress platform.
An official certificate of completion is awarded upon completion of the course. With this certificate, you can validate your WordPress skills to clients and employers.
Both videos and articles are used to present information throughout the course material. There are approximately 22 hours of video content in total.
There are 115 lectures in the course divided into the following chapters:
– Install WordPress and prepare the hosting and servers
– Create a brochure-style website
– Create a blog-style website
– Staging and developing with WordPress
– Frameworks, Child Themes, and Premium Themes
– Selecting Plugins and Premium Plugins
– Designing a Corporate Homepage Site
– How to Create a Scrolling Homepage Site
– Custom Post Types with Author Pro
– Creating custom forms in with WordPress form builders
– Transacting, marketing, and sending/receiving emails and email marketing
– Create an online store
– Updating, securing and improving its performance
– Regarding client billing, proposals, and maintenance plans
Buying this course will give you lifetime access to all of the lessons. If you are new to Udemy, you will likely receive a discount on the total price. Updates are made over time to the course as WordPress changes.
- More than 75,000 people have learned WordPress through this course
- Learn how to use WordPress to create all kinds of commercial sites to sell to clients
- Install and manage server and hosting environments with ease
- Migrate WordPress sites between staging and live environments
- Become an expert at fixing, troubleshooting, and building websites with WordPress
- Provide recurring revenue to happy clients with Website Care and Maintenance
WordPress Online Course from beginner to Advanced
Lynda is one of the most famous online learning platforms out there, with an extensive library of courses covering a wide variety of subjects.
There are thousands of courses on WordPress at Lynda.com. These courses are created by different authors and cover many topics. You may find this to be the ideal WordPress school if you would like to be in control of what you learn.
Course length, difficulty level, and other details are available for courses on topics of interest to you.
A collection of ‘how to learn WordPress' courses is available, and they all provide downloadable materials, videos, and guidance from teachers who know their stuff. The amount of content on Lynda.com is unparalleled, so Lynda has never claimed to be inexpensive.
- A comprehensive collection of WordPress tutorials
- It is a low-cost way to access a lot of content
- Courses are searchable by skill level
- Depending on what you wish to learn, you can find courses specifically tailored to your needs
Complete WordPress Training for Beginners and Developers
The Udemy marketplace is for online course creators. WordPress courses are available on this comprehensive learning platform.
The courses on Udemy can vary greatly in length, so you'll want to pick one that has lots of good reviews and is current. Some courses have more than 100 lectures while others contain less than ten. Here you will find training for WordPress for Beginners, SEO masterclasses using WordPress, WordPress Theme Development, WordPress Plugin Development, and eCommerce using WordPress.
You can view user reviews for each course, which is valuable since the courses vary in quality. Udemy courses are long – some are only one or two hours, but many are more than ten.
Udemy offers a variety of courses, and they also charge varying prices. Some are free, while others cost $199.99.
- You can learn about WordPress web development on Udemy by looking at the tutorials and training available
- Create dynamic websites without falling into the intricacies of coding by creating a website from the ground up and using an array of plugins
- Develop your web development skills for full-time or part-time employment
- With certifications in WordPress development
WordPress Training by Yoast Academy
You can enroll in four courses at Yoast Academy to learn the basics.
The first section explains how to get started with WordPress (setting up the server, themes, plugins, security, etc.).
By then, you will be able to decide which editor is right for you based on the videos on the block.
Lastly, you will find a free course on WordPress SEO for beginners that points you in the right direction to rank in search results.
Besides the free courses, Yoast offers two premium packages that contain lots of useful information for beginners and even experienced WordPress users.
Your chance to receive exclusive SEO tips from one of the best WordPress experts in the world is now. You'll be making a big investment in your website's future if you have the time and money.
- Video instruction for 3 hours
- With 23 quizzes to reinforce what you've learned
- About how to create your own WordPress site
- Upgrade for access to premium SEO courses not available anywhere else
- You can get started with these quick, easy, and free videos
- Yoast provides a certificate and badge when you complete a course you can display on your website or resume
Free WordPress Quick Start Course by WP Apprentice
For absolute beginners, this tutorial provides a quick and straightforward introduction.
It was created to provide you with the basics of selecting a hosting provider, installing WordPress, using the dashboard, and starting to create content on your WordPress site.
A comprehensive explanation of all the WordPress core features, such as themes, plugins, and widgets. After watching these ten videos, you will be ready to set up your first site.
- You won't lose anything by trying out the course
- A beginner can easily pick up the basics, which is helpful for a first-time user
- This tutorial will give you an overview of all the main features of WordPress
- It contains everything you need to get started blogging with WordPress
- The Gutenberg editor
- Has no cost at all
Learn How to Create a Website from Scratch with WordPress in 1 Day
This series of 17 short, to-the-point, WordPress tutorials by BitDegree is the right choice for you.
BitDegree has provided a concise and easy-to-understand guide that explains all the basics of starting your own WordPress website.
As well as basic skills and tips for starting and running your own business (of course), the course covers marketing, passive income, and how to become your own boss.
If you have internet access, you can easily learn everything you need to start your own website by the end of your lunch hour.
- It takes only 75 minutes to complete
- You can create a website in a day if you follow the tutorials that cover key points of website creation
- What to do after your website is functional to make your site profitable
- Maintaining Your Website Independently Over Time
- Created by Alex Genadinik, a software developer
- For those new to the industry, additional tips are useful for running their website as a business
Create a Website Using WordPress Online Course
We move on to Create a Website Using WordPress available through the Coursera eLearning platform.
You'll be guided through the steps for a two-hour project in a split-screen format. There will be a WordPress work area on one side of the screen and a video of the instructor on the other side.
This course gives you access to the WordPress dashboard to apply concepts taught by the instructor. Lessons are brief, making it possible for you to complete the entire course in a short amount of time.
This course will teach you how to:
– Create a website with WordPress
– Install plugins and themes
– Manage your WordPress website
– Widgets and Sidebars functionality
– Customize colors and typography
To access the course material, you simply need to create a Coursera account using your email address. You can complete the course on your own schedule.
- Two hours of videos to help you learn WordPress
- Become an expert in WordPress from the start
- Through project-based learning
- How to set up a WordPress website
- How to get your website's subdomain and setup SSL certificates for WordPress
- WordPress themes, plugins, and permalinks explained: Have a look at a few real-life examples to reference in your interview
WordPress Training Course and Tutorials FAQ
The following are frequently asked questions that are relevant to learning WordPress. If you already know the answers to these questions, you can skip them.
You should look for these key things when selecting a WordPress course:
1- If you're choosing a good WordPress course, look for an instructor who's experienced with WordPress.
2- Understanding how WordPress works is useful, but mastering it faster can be achieved by building a site yourself.
3- A download resource can be helpful when building your own site to review and apply what you've learned.
If you are a web designer or another professional who uses WordPress, certifications can help you advance your career.
No, suppose you consider taking a video tutorial course to get started with WordPress. In that case, you will not need any prior experience with programming. What you will need is a decent computer.
Suppose you are interested in learning about how to create a website. In that case, I suggest you take a high-quality online course and then construct your website immediately after you have completed that course. That's all!
You might want to take an additional WordPress development course if you want to create a complex site. This course will teach you how to code in WordPress, so you can customize it to your heart's content.
The answer is yes! However, if you aren't a technical person, you may experience frustration as many did. Search engines will be used a lot to find solutions to problems and information.
There is always something new you can learn, regardless of how familiar you are with WordPress.
Although you can learn WordPress independently, you're better off enrolling in a WordPress training course.
It is highly recommended that you consider enlisting the help of one of these WordPress course providers. You will end up saving a lot of time and frustration.
Are there any recommendations we missed? What are your favorite training courses and classes?
We'd love to hear from you! Please share your thoughts below!